Subject: [Tsvwg] sctp ipv6 draft

From: Arun Prasad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:07:00 +0100

Hi all,
From draft "draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpipv6-01.txt" Sec 3:
     The receiver of an INIT will identify the relevant zone by the
    scope of the source address and the arrival interface. In
    choosing addresses to place in the INIT-ACK the following
    considerations apply:

    - the receiver of the INIT will use the locally-significant
      "zone identifier" [scoped-addr-arch] to scope the addresses
      listed in the INIT-ACK.

    Can anyone explain this in simple terms....  How can the receiver of the INIT
chunk will get the "locally significant Zone Identifier"... If we receive the SCTP
packet with the recvmsg call, then we get the structure in6_pktinfo, which has the
ipv6 address and "ipi6_ifindex"... Should we take the ipi6_ifindex as the
identifiier here....
Really confusing....

Thanks
-arun
--
****************************************************************
V.ARUN PRASAD
HCL Technologies Ltd.,
Networking Technologies Lab,
Ground Floor, Block - 1, Chandamama Building,
184 to 188,190,192 & 196, NSK Road,
Vadapalani,
Chennai - 600 026

Phone: Off: +91-44-3728366/67/69, +91-44-3728156/57 Extn. 1133
Fax: +91-44-4806640
****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg