Subject: [Tsvwg] (SCTP) COOKIE ECHO handling when TCB exists

From: venkat venkatsubra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:18:21 -0500

Hello,

In section 5.2.4 of rfc2960 ("Handle a COOKIE ECHO when a TCB exists"),
case D says:

 D) When both local and remote tags match the endpoint should always
      enter the ESTABLISHED state, if it has not already done so. It
      should stop any init or cookie timers that may be running and send

      a COOKIE ACK.

The case we were hitting was we were in SHUTDOWN-SENT state.
Moving back to ESTABLISHED didn't seem right in that state.
We should probably remain in SHUTDOWN-SENT state and respond
with a COOKIE-ACK and let the timers such as SHUTDOWN timer keep
running. Does that sound OK ?

Venkat

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg