Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:11:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Robust ECN Signaling with Nonces
	Author(s)	: D. Wetherall, N. Spring, D. Ely
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2002-11-4
	
This note describes the ECN-nonce, an optional addition to ECN that
protects against accidental or malicious concealment of marked
packets from the TCP sender.  It improves the robustness of
congestion control by preventing receivers from exploiting ECN to
gain an unfair share of network bandwidth.  The ECN-nonce uses the
two ECT codepoints in the ECN field of the IP header, and requires a
flag in the TCP header.  It is computationally efficient for both
routers and hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.