Subject: [Tsvwg] F-RTO draft updated

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:47:14 +0200

Hi,

We updated the F-RTO draft based on the recent feedback and submitted 
it yesterday. The draft can be found at
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/sarolaht/papers/draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-tcp-frto-02.txt
and hopefully soon also under ietf.org

In addition to language issues, we changed the section outlining the 
use of SACK with F-RTO. We also added a section describing how TCP 
timestamps could help F-RTO.

The congestion control is still the same than earlier. That is, the 
draft suggests reducing cwnd and ssthresh also after spurious RTO.
Since there currently are at least three different views on setting 
congestion control after spurious RTO, from reverting cc (as Eifel 
suggests) to resetting cwnd (as DCLOR suggests), I am hoping to get 
some input on what to do with congestion control after detecting 
spurious RTOs in Atlanta, as well as ideas on how to proceed forward 
with the F-RTO draft (for example, should it be a WG draft or still 
individual?)

Thanks,
- Pasi
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg