Subject: [Tsvwg] Presentation of LRSVP on Thursday

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 00:25:12 +0200 (EET)

Hi all,

I'll have a short (very few slides) presentation on the "Localized RSVP"  
draft at the TSVWG session on Thursday afternoon. Allison asked me to give
a pointer to people because this presentation was added to the agenda very
recently.

In summary, we make use of two unused bits in the Session Object and add 
two new messages that are in structure copies of Path and PathTear 
messages. The modification does not prevent or harm standard 
end-to-end RSVP reservations, only adds a new usage scenario.

Regards,
Jukka

        Title           : Localized RSVP
        Author(s)       : J. Manner et al.
        Filename        : draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 2003-1-14

Guaranteed QoS for multimedia applications is based on reserved
resources in each node on the end-to-end path. Even if the
correspondent node does not support QoS, it would be useful to be
able to reserve at least local resources at the access network,
especially wireless link resources. Additionally, for mobile nodes
the continuity of QoS is disturbed due to end-to-end signalling or
slow re-reservations of resources after each handover. This draft
proposes a simple enhancement to RSVP, so that initial resource
reservations and re-reservations due to host mobility can be done
locally in an access network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg