Subject: [Tsvwg] Lightweight mobility detection and response algorithm

From: Yogesh Prem Swami <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 12:02:12 -0600

Hi,

We've submitted a new draft "Lightweight mobility detection and response
algorithm for TCP," which will become available in a couple of days from
IETF web site. The draft is also available from

http://people.nokia.net/~yogesh/draft-swami-tcp-lmdr-00.txt

This draft allows a TCP host to propagate its subnet change information
to its peer and specifies the congestion response that the peer must
follow subsequent to such a change. 

The draft uses one of the bits from the reserved bits field of TCP
header. We would like to have feedback from the working group on whether
we should define a TCP option instead of using this bit. The pros and
cons of the two approach have been identified in the draft. The
mechanism is secure to the extent to sequence number guessing (i.e., as
secure as any other TCP mechanism), but we can make it more secure
(without using any key exchange protocol) if the working group demands
it (it won't be free of cost in terms of number of bytes carried in each
packet).

Any comment, criticism, words of advice, ... are very welcome.

--yogesh

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg