Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] High-speed TCP

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:28:46 -0700

>Agreed. Note that the word "safe" does not appear in the NewReno RFC.

While the NewReno RFC didn't have that paragraph, the NewReno RFC
was explicitly considered as acceptable for deployment in the public
Internet.  The point of Mark's proposed paragraph was to say that
although there was no objection to this being deployed in the
Internet, he wanted to make it clear that the WG wasn't endorsing
this as "the best method for high-speed congestion control".

So what if that paragraph said:

"While they may be deployed in the current Internet ... "

instead of: 

"We believe they are safe for deployment in the current Internet ... "

Would that seem better to you?

- Sally

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:37:18 -0700

> Would that seem better to you?

Until we have broader experience, yes.

Joe