Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-silverman-tsvwg-mlefphb-00.txt is available

From: "Steve Silverman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:02:00 -0400

I didn't see anything on the list so here is an announcement that the
MLEF draft has been
submitted to the TSVWG group.  Moving the topic here was the result of
a discussion with Jon Peterson after the last TSVWG meeting.

For those of you who haven't been following this topic,
MLEF allows the division of Expedited Forwarding traffic into multiple
priority classes so that higher priority classes are less affected by
congestion.
This function is intended for certain specific networks that can't
simply provision more bandwidth.
It is not intended as a replacement for congestion management via some
sort of call admission or call manager but complements this option.
MLEF operates at the packet level, not the call level using various
Diffserv codepoints to distinguish among the various classes.

Steve Silverman  [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg