Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 3758 on Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Partial Reliability Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:08:01 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3758

        Title:      Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
                    Partial Reliability Extension
        Author(s):  R. Stewart, M. Ramalho, Q. Xie, M. Tuexen,
                    P. Conrad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50999
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-prsctp-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3758.txt

This memo describes an extension to the Stream Control Transmission
Protocol (SCTP) that allows an SCTP endpoint to signal to
its peer that it should move the cumulative ack point forward.  When
both sides of an SCTP association support this extension, it can be
used by an SCTP implementation to provide partially reliable data
transmission service to an upper layer protocol.  This memo describes
the protocol extensions, which consist of a new parameter for
INIT and INIT ACK, and a new FORWARD TSN chunk type, and provides one
example of a partially reliable service that can be provided to the
upper layer via this mechanism.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg