Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-silverman-tsvwg-mlefphb-01

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:26:22 -0500

TSVWGers,

draft-silverman-tsvwg-mlefphb-01 was discussed at the IEPREP meeting at the
61st IETF in D.C. As many of you are no doubt aware, the IEPREP working
group is investigating a requirements space connected to providing emergency
services comparable to those employed in the PSTN by government or military
officials (as opposed to consumers) in emergency circumstances. Many of the
envisioned solutions for this space involve the use of various QoS
mechanisms that, under the current structure of the Transport Area, tend to
be worked on here in TSVWG.

At the request of the IEPREP chairs and the document authors, we TSVWG
chairs wanted to let you know that the IEPREP WG discussed the possibility
of advancing of the mlefphb draft to Experimental. Since the IEPREP WG is
not chartered to do mechanism work, presumably the mlefphb draft would have
to advance here in TSVWG.

Mlefphb is not uncontroversial. A few TSVWGs ago, we say a presentation from
Fred Baker that spoke to the original -00 draft of the mlefphb
(draft-baker-tsvwg-mlef-concerns). Partly, the -01 version of mlefphb was
issued to clarify some of the concerns raised about call admissoin control
in the mlef-concerns draft. However, even given this change, the IEPREP
group remained divided on whether or not the mlefphb work should be
advanced.

Given all this, I'd like to ask if anyone here in TSVWG is interested in
pursuing the mlefphb draft (for Experimental) here?

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg