Subject: [Tsvwg] Fwd: WG Action: RECHARTER: Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:48:30 -0500

WG

This is our new charter, effective today.

>From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
>Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)
>Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
>
>The charter of the Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg) working group
>in the Transport Area of the IETF has been updated. For additional
>information, please contact the Area Directors or the working group Chairs.
>
>+++
>
>Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)
>------------------------------------
>
>Current Status: Active Working Group
>
>Chair(s):
>James Polk <[email-masked]>
>Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
>Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
>
>
>Transport Area Director(s):
>Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
>Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
>
>Transport Area Advisor:
>Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
>
>Mailing Lists:
>General Discussion: [email-masked]
>To Subscribe: [email-masked]
>In Body: subscribe email_address
>Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tsvwg/index.html
>
>Description of Working Group:
>
>The Transport Area receives occasional proposals for the development
>and publication of RFCs dealing with transport topics that are not in
>scope of an existing working group or do not justify the formation of
>a new working group. TSVWG will serve as the forum for developing
>such work items in the IETF.
>
>The TSVWG mailing list is an open discussion forum for such work
>items, when they arise. The working group meets if there are active
>proposals that require discussion. The working group milestones are
>updated as needed to reflect the current work items and their
>associated milestones.
>
>The currently active TSVWG work items mostly fall under the following
>topics:
>
>(A) Maintenance of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP),
>which involves bug fixes to the SCTP specifications and their
>progression along the standards track. This work item also includes a
>small number of modular extensions to SCTP. Currently, these include
>SCTP-ADDIP, SCTP-AUTH and SCTP-PADDING, as well as socket API and
>threat analysis documents. In order to maintain stable
>specifications, additional work on SCTP in TSVWG requires Area
>Director approval.
>
>(B) Maintenance of the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP), which
>involves bug fixes to the RSVP specifications and their progression
>along the standards track. This work item may also include a small
>number of extensions to RSVP or advisory documents to address
>specific application scenarios. In order to maintain stable
>specifications, additional work on RSVP in TSVWG requires Area
>Director approval.
>
>(C) Maintenance of IP Differentiated Services (DiffServ) mechanisms,
>which involves mostly advisory documents on the use of DiffServ in
>specific application scenarios. Other work items related to DiffServ
>require Area Director approval.
>
>(D) Selected other work items, which are mostly in TSVWG for historic
>reasons. These include an extended statistics MIB for TCP and the
>quick-start mechanism for TCP and IP. Additional work that does not
>fall under one of the above topics in TSVWG must satisfy four
>conditions: (1) WG consensus on the suitability and projected quality
>of the proposed work item. (2) A core group of WG participants with
>sufficient energy and expertise to advance the work item according to
>the proposed schedule. (3) Commitment from the WG as a whole to
>provide sufficient and timely review of the proposed work item. (4)
>Agreement by the ADs, who, depending on the scope of the proposed
>work item, may decide that an IESG review is needed first.
>
>
>Goals and Milestones:
>
>Jun 2006 Submit "Alternate Semantics for the ECN Field" to IESG for
>consideration as BCP
>
>Jun 2006 Submit "Aggregation of RSVP Reservations over MPLS TE/DS-TE
>Tunnels" to IESG for consideration as PS
>Jun 2006 Submit "QoS Signaling in a Nested Virtual Private Network"
>to IESG for consideration as Informational
>Jun 2006 Submit "Generic Aggregate RSVP Reservations" to IESG for
>consideration as PS
>
>Jul 2006 Submit "Quick-Start for TCP and IP" to IESG for
>consideration as Experimental
>Jul 2006 Submit "TCP Extended Statistics MIB" to IESG for
>consideration as PS
>
>Aug 2006 Submit "SCTP Dynamic Address Reconfiguration" to IESG for
>consideration as PS
>Aug 2006 Submit "Authenticated Chunks for Stream Control Transmission
>Protocol" to IESG as consideration as PS
>
>Oct 2006 Submit "Security Threats to SCTP" to IESG for consideration
>as Informational
>
>Nov 2006 Submit "Sockets API Extensions for Stream Control
>Transmission Protocol" to IESG for consideration as Informational
>
>Dec 2006 Submit "Padding Chunk and Parameter for SCTP" to IESG for
>consideration as PS
>
>Jan 2007 Submit revision of "Stream Control Transmission Protocol" to
>IESG for consideration as PS
>
>Mar 2007 Submit "Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes" for
>consideration as Informational

cheers,

James
Lars
Magnus
	IETF TSVWG co-chairs