Subject: [Tsvwg] ECN-MPLS Draft for discussion in TSVWG

From: Bruce Davie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:23:13 -0400

Folks,
  I have requested a slot to discuss this in Montreal at TSVWG.  
Apologies for my failure to include tsvwg in the I-D filename.

Bruce Davie

I-D ACTION:draft-davie-ecn-mpls-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.

	Title		: Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS
	Author(s)	: B. Davie, et al.
	Filename	: draft-davie-ecn-mpls-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-6-20
	
    RFC 3270 defines how to support the Diffserv arhitecture in MPLS
    networks, including how to encode Diffserv Code Points (DSCPs) in an
    MPLS header.  DSCPs may be encoded in the EXP field, while other  
uses
    of that field are not precluded.  RFC3270 makes no statement about
    how Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) marking might be encoded
    in the MPLS header.  This draft defines how an operator might define
    some of the EXP codepoints for explicit congestion notification,
    without precluding other uses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-davie-ecn-mpls-00.txt