Subject: [Tsvwg] sctp transport paths

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:39:33 +0530

Hi,

According to rfc 2960 section 1.4,
 Active destination transport address: A transport address on a peer 
endpoint which a transmitting
endpoint considers available for receiving user messages.

Idle destination address: An address that has not had user messages sent 
to it within some length of time,
normally the HEARTBEAT interval or greater.

Does this mean that the when the path is receiving data we need to set 
that path as active ? or when path is transmitting the data from it?
Also, according to the definition of active destination, "A transport 
address on a peer endpoint which a transmitting
endpoint considers available for receiving user messages" Does this mean 
that the idle path is not considered as available by the transmitting 
endpoint for receiving user message?

Please clarify?

Thanks and regards,
devayya

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:45:10 -0600

devayya,

A destination address can be both active and idle: that is, the
destination address is considered available to receive messages;
however, messages have not been sent to it for some time.

--brian

devayya wrote:                                  (Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:39:33)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/