Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] TSVWG call for presentation timeslots in Prague

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:28:10 +0000

James, Lars,

Here's a list of active TSVWG drafts I have or will have by the -0X deadline.

None (I think) need presentation slots TSVWG, they are all moving into 
other w-gs or Bar BoFs, or staying in other w-gs...

BUT, three have questions (1 for James, 2 for Lars), to ensure they don't 
fall through the cracks. Search down for ">>>"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS
draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-mpls-00.txt
URL: <Bruce posted it 11 days ago, but still not uploaded on IETF site>
        Status: Only change is the filename: draft is solid with no issues
        Contact: Bruce Davie (not in Prague)
     >>>James, no point me saying status above that you can say from the chair
        If so, don't need a slot in TSVWG
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flow Rate Fairness: Dismantling a Religion
draft-briscoe-tsvarea-fair-01
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvarea-fair-00.pdf>
Bob Briscoe
        Will add RTT fairness, list of affected RFCs and some toning down.
        Planning on asking to be W-G draft soon (so would that be TSVWG then?)
     >>>Lars, This is probably best still presented in TSV-AREA?
     >>>Perhaps followed by a discussion: "Who should decide on fairness?"
        If so, don't need a slot in TSVWG -> TSV-AREA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re-ECN: Adding Accountability for Causing Congestion to TCP/IP
draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-03
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-03.txt>
Bob Briscoe
        Planning a Bar BoF on architectural intent of this protocol
     >>>Lars, see separate message.
        If so, don't need a slot in TSVWG -> Bar BoF
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emulating Border Flow Policing using Re-ECN on Bulk Data
draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-border-cheat-02
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/pubs.html#repcn>
Bob Briscoe
        Planning on minor updates after Prague
        We'll rename it draft-briscoe-pcn-re-ecn-border-cheat
        PCN charter not multi-domain yet but "keep it strongly in mind"
        Don't need a slot in TSVWG (nor PCN)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Various PCN-related drafts
draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl* etc
        All moving to new PCN w-g
        Don't need a slot in TSVWG
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob

At 20:38 20/02/2007, James M. Polk wrote:
>TSVWG
>
>This is a request for anyone wanting to discuss a TSVWG related ID during 
>the meeting we have coming up in Prague next month.
>
>Please indicate to me the following:
>
>         - what ID you want to discuss (by filename)
>         - the link to the file
>         - who is the point of contact for the ID
>         - please indicate how long you would prefer to talk
>         ( this will be adjusted based on how many presentations there are)
>         - who is the identified presenter during the meeting
>
>I'd like to have this list completed for scheduling by March 5th (the date 
>-0X versions are due).
>
>NOTE: for new ideas (meaning -00 individual submissions), the ADs have the 
>right to move a presentation to the TSV-Area meeting, if it is better 
>suited for that audience
>
>cheers,
>
>James
>Lars
>Magnus
>         IETF TSVWG co-chairs

____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe, <[email-masked]>      Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196

---

From: ext Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:38:55 +0200

TSVAREA Agenda for IETF-68 (Prague)
TUESDAY, March 20, 2007
1520-1720 Afternoon Session II
Congress III

10 min	Note Well
	Scribes
	Agenda Bashing

10 min	New WG Overview: Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN)
	Scott Bradner and Steven Blake

20 min	Bringing Experimental High-Speed Congestion Control to the IETF
	Lars Eggert
	
20 min	Vista Implementation Report on ECN/FRTO/WS/DSACK
	Dave Thaler and Murari Sridharan
	
Please email additional agenda requests to [email-masked].

The purpose of the TSVAREA meeting is to inform about and discuss  
important issues, developments and work within the transport area or  
outside work that impacts the transport area. In contrast to TSVWG,  
TSVAREA does not produce any documents. TSVAREA can include tutorial- 
style talks on tranport topics, maybe based on related IRTF or other  
research work. Again, we encourage relevant presentations from both  
within the transport area and from outside parties, such as other  
IETF WGs or the IRTF.