Subject: [Tsvwg] Protocol Action: 'TCP Extended Statistics MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:19:01 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'TCP Extended Statistics MIB '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-mib-extension-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-mib-extension-15.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document describes extended performance statistics for TCP. These
statistics are designed to use TCP's ideal vantage point to diagnose
performance problems in both the network and the application. If a
network based application is performing poorly, TCP can determine if
the bottleneck is in the sender, the receiver or the network itself.
If the bottleneck is in the network, TCP can provide specific
information about its nature.

Working Group Summary
 
There is strong consensus in the WG to publish this document. It has
been reviewed by several people before and during WG last call.
Comments raised have been addressed.

Protocol Quality
 
This document has been well reviewed in the WG and comments raised has
been addressed.

RFC Editor Note

Please replace "all per table rows MUST be deleted" with "all dynamically
created table rows MUST be deleted" in two places: the overview (second
paragraph in section 3.1) and the first DISCRIPTION in the MIB (p4).