Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP socket options

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:51:16 +0530

Hi,

Please see my implementation,
Socket is created using

socket(PF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_SCTP)

.....

The socket option for Send buffer is set by using

setsockopt(.., SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF, (void *)&buffsend, ...)

where, buffsend = ((receiver window * No of virtual links) * 2)

Now suppose if I put receiver window size as more than 14560 and the
number of virtual links are 8, then the setsockopt() call is failing
with error ENOBUFS (SO_SNDBUFS exceeds system limit)

Can anybody guide as to whether, I can assign more buffer space for
Sendbuffer ?  If so How can I do it. If not, is there a better approach
for socket creation and setsockopt so that I can use maximum buffer
space for send buffer and receive buffer.

Thanks and best regards,
devayya