Subject: [Tsvwg] Re-ECN meeting in Chicago

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:38:13 +0100

All,

There will be another re-ECN unofficial "Bar BoF" happening at IETF69 in
Chicago next Wednesday July 25th. It will be at 1300-1500 in the Red
Lacquar room. This is a follow on to the meeting held in Prague in March
(slides and notes for which can be found at
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/projects/refb/#Presentations>)

The aim of the meeting will be to discuss the next steps that need to be
taken to move re-ECN forward. The draft agenda is as follows. If anyone
would like to add any items please contact me on or off list. 

5 mins		Administrivia
25 mins		presentation and discussion on encoding in IP v4 and v6
(rationale behind current choices, 
		alternatives, etc)
10 mins		How to deploy experimentally (open mic)
10 mins		Deployment Scenarios
10 mins		Next Steps:
		   - format of the encoding (in v4, in v6) 
		   - mechanics of the protocol in TCP/IP 
	 	   - implementation of the dropper and the policer 
		   - extension for use by TCP proxies or other
congestion control proxies   
		   - extension for use by other transports 
		   - etc

For those that missed it, we could use the second hour of the session to
do a repeat of the presentation given in Prague in March. This was
intended to present the architectural intent behind re-ECN as well as
explaining how the base protocol works.

All Internet drafts and other documentation relevant to re-ECN can be
found at: <http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/projects/refb/>
including draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp which describes the protocol
and the rationale behind it.

Please could you address any replies to this message to the unofficial
IETF mailing list [email-masked].

Toby Moncaster 
________________________________________________________________________
____
Toby Moncaster, <[email-masked]> Networks Research Centre, BT
Research
B54/70 Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP53RE, UK.  +44 1473
648734