Subject: [Tsvwg] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:40:10 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03.txt has been successfuly submitted by Francois Le Faucheur and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto
Revision:	 03
Title:		 RSVP Extensions for Path-Triggered RSVP Receiver Proxy
Creation_date:	 2007-10-15
WG ID:		 tsvwg
Number_of_pages: 24

Abstract:
RSVP signaling can be used to make end-to-end resource reservations
in an IP network in order to guarantee the QoS required by certain
flows.  With conventional RSVP, both the data sender and receiver of
a given flow take part in RSVP signaling.  Yet, there are many use
cases where resource reservation is required, but the receiver, the
sender, or both, is not RSVP-capable.  Where the receiver is not
RSVP-capable, an RSVP router may behave as an RSVP Receiver Proxy
thereby performing RSVP signaling on behalf of the receiver.  This
allows resource reservations to be established on the segment of the
end-to-end path from the sender to the RSVP Receiver Proxy.  However,
as discussed in the companion document presenting RSVP Proxy
approaches, RSVP extensions are needed to facilitate operations with
an RSVP Receiver Proxy whose signaling is triggered by receipt of
RSVP Path messages from the sender.  This document specifies these
extensions.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:45:31 +0200

Hello,

-03 only includes editorial fixes that should have gone in -02 (spell  
checker, updated Ack section).
Apologies for missing those in previous version.

Francois

On 15 Oct 2007, at 09:40, IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote:

>
> A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03.txt has  
> been successfuly submitted by Francois Le Faucheur and posted to  
> the IETF repository.
>