Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RSVP Extensions for Path-Triggered RSVP Receiver Proxy
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2007-10-15

RSVP signaling can be used to make end-to-end resource reservations
in an IP network in order to guarantee the QoS required by certain
flows.  With conventional RSVP, both the data sender and receiver of
a given flow take part in RSVP signaling.  Yet, there are many use
cases where resource reservation is required, but the receiver, the
sender, or both, is not RSVP-capable.  Where the receiver is not
RSVP-capable, an RSVP router may behave as an RSVP Receiver Proxy
thereby performing RSVP signaling on behalf of the receiver.  This
allows resource reservations to be established on the segment of the
end-to-end path from the sender to the RSVP Receiver Proxy.  However,
as discussed in the companion document presenting RSVP Proxy
approaches, RSVP extensions are needed to facilitate operations with
an RSVP Receiver Proxy whose signaling is triggered by receipt of
RSVP Path messages from the sender.  This document specifies these
extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.