Subject: [Tsvwg] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-07

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:10:34 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-07.txt has been successfuly submitted by Kwok Ho Chan and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes
Creation_date:	 2007-11-06
WG ID:		 tsvwg
Number_of_pages: 19

Abstract:
In the core of a high capacity network, service differentiation may
still be needed to support applications' utilization of the network.
Applications with similar traffic characteristics and performance
requirements are mapped into diffserv service classes based on end-
to-end behavior requirements of the applications.  However, some
network segments may be configured in such a way that a single
forwarding treatment may satisfy the traffic characteristics and
performance requirements of two or more service classes.  In these
cases, it may be desirable to aggregate two or more diffserv service
classes into a single forwarding treatment.  This document provides
guidelines for the aggregation of diffserv service classes into
forwarding treatments.

The IETF Secretariat.