Subject: [Tsvwg] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-02

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:30:12 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Fred Baker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp
Revision:	 02
Title:		 DSCPs for Capacity-Admitted Traffic
Creation_date:	 2007-11-16
WG ID:		 tsvwg
Number_of_pages: 19

Abstract:
This document requests one DSCP from the IANA for real-time traffic
classes similar to voice conforming to the Expedited Forwarding Per
Hop Behavior, and admitted using a CAC procedure involving
authentication, authorization, and capacity admission, as compared to
a class of real-time traffic conforming to the Expedited Forwarding
Per Hop Behavior but not subject to capacity admission or subject to
very coarse capacity admission.

It also recommends that certain classes of video traffic described in
RFC 4594 and which have similar requirements be require admission
using a CAC procedure involving authentication, authorization, and
capacity admission.

One of the reasons behind this is the need for classes of traffic
that are handled under special policies, such as the non-preemptive
Emergency Telecommunication Service, the US DoD's Assured Service
(which is similar to MLPP), or e-911.  Capacity-admitted traffic
classes need separation from traffic not subject to admission
control, from which they can deterministically obtain their service
requirements, including SLA matters.

The IETF Secretariat.