Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:10:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DSCPs for Capacity-Admitted Traffic
	Author(s)       : F. Baker, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2007-12-17

This document requests one DSCP from the IANA for real-time traffic
classes similar to voice conforming to the Expedited Forwarding Per
Hop Behavior, and admitted using a CAC procedure involving
authentication, authorization, and capacity admission, as compared to
a class of real-time traffic conforming to the Expedited Forwarding
Per Hop Behavior but not subject to capacity admission or subject to
very coarse capacity admission.

It also recommends that certain classes of video traffic described in
RFC 4594 and which have similar requirements be require admission
using a CAC procedure involving authentication, authorization, and
capacity admission.

One of the reasons behind this is the need for classes of traffic
that are handled under special policies, such as the non-preemptive
Emergency Telecommunication Service, the US DoD's Assured Service
(which is similar to MLPP), or e-911.  Capacity-admitted traffic
classes need separation from traffic not subject to admission
control, from which they can deterministically obtain their service
requirements, including SLA matters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.