Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RSVP Proxy Approaches
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-03.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2007-12-14

RSVP signaling can be used to make end-to-end resource reservations
in an IP network in order to guarantee the Quality of Service
required by certain flows.  With conventional RSVP, both the data
sender and receiver of a given flow take part in RSVP signaling.
Yet, there are many use cases where resource reservation is required,
but the receiver, the sender, or both, is not RSVP-capable.  This
document presents RSVP Proxy behaviors allowing RSVP routers to
perform RSVP signaling on behalf of a receiver or a sender that is
not RSVP-capable.  This allows resource reservations to be
established on critical parts of the end-to-end path.  This document
reviews conceptual approaches for deploying RSVP Proxies and
discusses how RSVP reservations can be synchronized with application
requirements, despite the sender, receiver, or both not participating
in RSVP.  This document also points out where extensions to RSVP (or
to other protocols) may be needed for deployment of a given RSVP
Proxy approach.  However, such extensions are outside the scope of
this document.  Finally, practical use cases for RSVP Proxy are
described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.