Subject: [Tsvwg] Adopt draft-brisco-tsvwg-byte-pkt-mark as WG item?

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:34:45 +0100

Hi,

At the IETF meeting we had an good discussion around Bob's "Byte and 
Packet Congestion Notification" draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-byte-pkt-mark-02.txt

There seems to be interest in this and a meaningful document for TSVWG 
to take on. So please provide your view if this should become a WG 
document now or not. Deadline for comments are 10th of April.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bruce Davie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:41:54 -0400

I would like to see the Wg take this on as a work item.

Bruce

On Mar 26, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the IETF meeting we had an good discussion around Bob's "Byte  
> and Packet Congestion Notification" draft:
> There seems to be interest in this and a meaningful document for  
> TSVWG to take on. So please provide your view if this should become  
> a WG document now or not. Deadline for comments are 10th of April.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Magnus Westerlund
>

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:00:45 +0000

Fred,

I'm interested to know whether you still have objections to this one? 
I tried to accommodate you in the latest text.

Bob

At 18:41 26/03/2008, Bruce Davie wrote:
>>http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-byte-pkt- mark-02.txt
>>

____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe, <[email-masked]>      Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:06:01 +0000

Magnus,

I've corrected a typo in the filename in the subject line, so people 
can find it more easily.

Bob

---

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:21:00 +0200

> document now or not. Deadline for comments are 10th of April.

Being silent on this list as I am, I feel as if I don't even
have the right to speak up - but still, yes, I think it should
be a WG item!

Cheers,
Michael

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 06:50:36 -0700

> document now or not. Deadline for comments are 10th of April.

I'd like our chairs to take note of those who would like this -- or any 
other doc -- as a WG item. Those parties ought, IMO, are implicitly 
signing up for key reviews of documents they suggest.

That would certainly avoid the pleading at last call time for interested 
parties. ;-)

In the spirit of such, I'll suggest this ought to be a WG doc as well, 
and sign up for last call review too.

Joe

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 06:57:51 -0700

Joe Touch wrote:
...
> other doc -- as a WG item. Those parties, IMO, are implicitly 

Corrected text above...(sorry for the spurious "ought" )...

---

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:03:17 -0500

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>On Behalf Of Joe Touch
>Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:51 AM
>
>Magnus Westerlund wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 

I like Joe's idea, and I'll say "me too" for making this a WG doc and
volunteering to make last-call comments.

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:43:55 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I'm also very much in favor of adopting this work. And, as the people 
before me, I'll sign up for a WGLC review, too.

Jukka

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> At the IETF meeting we had an good discussion around Bob's "Byte and Packet
> Congestion Notification" draft:
> There seems to be interest in this and a meaningful document for TSVWG to take
> on. So please provide your view if this should become a WG document now or
> not. Deadline for comments are 10th of April.
> 
> Best Regards
> 
> Magnus Westerlund
>