Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-user-error-spec-05.txt

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:14:13 +0200

Hi,

I think this document is ready to move forward.

One small suggestion perhaps. It probably wouldn't hurt to be  
explicit about the "Error Value" field of the ERROR_SPEC (when Error  
Code = "User Error Spec"). I understand this field is basically not  
to serve any purpose ("No Error Values are defined), suggesting a  
"MUST be set to zero on transmit and MUST be ignored on receipt" .

Francois

===============================================================
Updated after discussion with Jukka.
Adrian

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.
Title           : User-Defined Errors for RSVP
Author(s)       : G. Swallow, A. Farrel
Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-user-error-spec-05.txt
Pages           : 8
Date            : 2008-04-01

The Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP) defines an ERROR_SPEC object
for communicating errors.  That object has a defined format that
permits the definition of 256 error codes.  As RSVP has been
developed and extended, the convention has been to be conservative in
defining new error codes.  Further, no provision for user-defined
errors exists in RSVP.

This document defines a USER_ERROR_SPEC to be used in addition to the
ERROR_SPEC to carry additional user information related to errors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-user-error- 
spec-05.txt