Subject: [tsvwg] Query regarding Abort cause.

From: Padmalochan Moharana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:27:22 +0530

Hi ,

Should one end point send Abort with cause "User-Initiated Abort"to
peer end on receive packet COOKIE-ECHO message with ERROR chunk (for
"Adoption layer indication" unrecognized parameter in INIT ACK).

If no then in  which case SCTP should sent Abort to peer with cause
"User-Initiated Abort".

Br,
Padmalochan

---

From: Randy Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:13:10 -0400

> "Adoption layer indication" unrecognized parameter in INIT ACK).

Adaption layer indications are just "advisory". They mean only
something to the upper layer above SCTP. So SCTP itself should not
be responding with an ABORT with such an error cause.

> If no then in  which case SCTP should sent Abort to peer with cause

Where SCTP would respond with such a case is when the upper layer
accepted the connection (or received the association event), and then
did an ABORT by either closing the accepted socket with linger set to 0
OR (using the 1-M model) send a SCTP_ABORT in options, and possibly  
including
a cause reason that would also accompany the send.

This of course is speaking in terms of the socket API...

In any event SCTP itself should not take such a view... i.e. if I get
an unknown adaption layer indication.. since an adaption indication is
for the user of SCTP not SCTP itself..

Hope that helps

R

> Padmalochan

-----
Randall Stewart
[email-masked]