Subject: [tsvwg] First cut at TSV minutes for comment by the working group.

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:01:43 +0100

The draft notes from the TSV meeting in Stockholm are at the URL below, 
could you please check these for accuracy and for actions?

Best wishes,

Gorry & James

TSVWG meeting
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/75/minutes/tsvwg.txt

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:26:56 +0200

Gorry, James,

Regarding the following draft minute text:
"
James asked for the current status of the I-D on RSVP extensions for  
emergency services.
Magnus Westerlund (as AD): The RSVP extensions for emergency services  
I-D has been returned to the WG with comments. It will need to go  
through another WGLC and then IETF last call before resubmission.
James: Francois has been trying to clear the discusses.
Magnus Westerlund: This document had an usual state where 2/3 of the  
IESG did not vote, requiring a resubmission. The proxy RSVP documents  
have been stuck in "discuss" within the IESG, there has been some some  
progress, and some discussion of end-to-end usage.
"

This seems to mix together the discussion about the I-D on RSVP  
extensions for emergency and the I-Ds on RSVP extensions for RSVP  
Proxy. Also, it is not quite in line with my recollection of the  
discussion.

Regarding I-D on RSVP extensions for Emergency:
* as I explained at the mike during WG:
	o we have already issued (in May) a new version (draft-ietf-tsvwg- 
emergency-rsvp-12.txt) that aims at addressing the 3 changes requested  
by the IESG.
	o we have been waiting from IESG (Ron Bonica in particular) for  
confirmation that this addresses their concerns.
	o the new rev does not introduce change of technical nature (ie it  
basically only affects applicability) and is basically a subset of  
previous version. For this reason, I don't believe the new rev  
justifies another WG Last Call.
* Janet Gunn agreed at the mike during WG that the new version does  
not introduce technical changes and does not justify another WG LC.
* I thought Magnus agreed then that we would not go thorough another  
WG LC and would proceed when we get feedback from IESG.

Regarding I-D on RSVP Proxy:
* as mentioned on the mike (I think):
	o this is the I-D for which we are working on addressing the  
"discusses".
	o we will post on the list a description of the approach proposed to  
IESG to address the topic of "migration to end-to-end" based on the  
proposal and request feedback
	o we will issue a new rev including this approach

(as not mentioned at the mike, generally we would need more IESG  
responsiveness to be able to make better progress).

Francois

On 21 Aug 2009, at 19:01, Gorry Fairhurst wrote:

>
> The draft notes from the TSV meeting in Stockholm are at the URL  
> below, could you please check these for accuracy and for actions?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Gorry & James
>
> TSVWG meeting

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:31:26 +0200

Gorry, James,

I just noticed that you already cover most of my points regarding RSVP  
extensions for emergency later in the minutes under item 4. So that's  
cool. But still, I suggest the discussion at the beginning should  
better separate the discussion on "emergency" vs "Proxy".

Francois

On 24 Aug 2009, at 13:26, Francois Le Faucheur IMAP wrote:

> Magnus Westerlund (as AD): The RSVP extensions for emergency  
> services I-D has been returned to the WG with comments. It will need  
> to go through another WGLC and then IETF last call before  
> resubmission.
> IESG did not vote, requiring a resubmission. The proxy RSVP  
> documents have been stuck in "discuss" within the IESG, there has  
> been some some progress, and some discussion of end-to-end usage.
> "
>
> emergency-rsvp-12.txt) that aims at addressing the 3 changes  
> requested by the IESG.
> 	o we will post on the list a description of the approach proposed  
> to IESG to address the topic of "migration to end-to-end" based on  
> the proposal and request feedback