Subject: [tsvwg] How a server can be able to send INIT to client

From: "Sailabala Lenka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:41:26 +0300

Hi All,

We are having 100 IPs in client side & 1 ip in server side.

Client is sending INIT to server and like that 100 SCTP associations are
happening.

But can anybody suggest how a server can be able to send INIT to client?
And how can we implement this scenario.

(We are using 2.6.9-55.ELsmp linux version)

Please suggest

Thanks,

Sailabala

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:39:25 +0200

On May 24, 2012, at 9:41 AM, Sailabala Lenka wrote:

> Client is sending INIT to server and like that 100 SCTP associations are happening.
So the client initiate an SCTP association for each of its own IP addresses?
> But can anybody suggest how a server can be able to send INIT to client? And how can we implement this scenario.
SCTP handles INIT collisions. If you are using the socket API, you can
create a 1-to-many style socket, bind it to local addresses, call listen and
finally send a message to the peer. This way the endpoint initiates the association
but will also accept incoming ones.

Best regards
Michael