Subject: [tsvwg] Looking for feedback: draft-svshah-lln-diffserv-recommendations-00.txt

From: "Shitanshu Shah (svshah)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:16:10 +0000

Hi,

A new draft has been submitted, http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-svshah-lln-diffserv-recommendations-00.txt, with the goal in mind as stated in the abstract below.

Abstract:
       Differentiated services architecture is widely deployed in
       traditional networks.  There exist well defined recommendations for
       the use of appropriate differentiated service classes for different
       types of traffic (eg. audio, video) in these networks.  Per-Hop
       Behaviors are typically defined based on this recommendations.  With
       emerging Low-power and Lossy Networks (LLNs), traffic originated in a
       LLN, such as metering, command and control, may transit over a
       converged campus IP network, or even a Wide Area Network, and will
       share resources with traditional classes of traffic such as voice,
       video and data.  It is important to have defined differentiated
       services recommendations for LLN traffic to co-exist with traditional
       class of traffic.

Feedbacks/comments are welcome.

Shitanshu