Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: NomCom 2012-13 Call for Volunteers

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 17:57:31 -0500

TSVWG

Please consider volunteering for the Noncom this year, if you meet 
the criteria listed below.

Also, please consider this request for nominating qualified folks for 
some or all positions listed below.

James/Gorry/Rolf
TSVWG chairs

>From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
>To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
>Subject: NomCom 2012-13 Call for Volunteers
>Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:15:33 -0700
>
>The IETF nominating committee process for 2012-13 has begun. The IETF
>nominating committee appoints folks to fill the open slots on the
>IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. The 10 nominating committee members are
>selected randomly from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the
>better chance we have of choosing a random yet representative cross
>section of the IETF population.  The details of the operation of the
>nomcom can be found in RFC 3777.
>
>To be eligible, volunteers for the nomcom need to have attended 3 of
>the past 5 IETF meetings as of the time this announcement goes out.
>That is, 3 meetings from IETF 79 (Beijing) - IETF 83 (Paris). If you
>qualify, and if you will not be seeking appointment to any of the open
>positions that this nomcom will be filling, please consider
>volunteering.
>
>The list of people whose terms end with the March 2013 IETF meeting,
>and thus the positions for which the nominating committee is
>responsible for filling, are as follows:
>
>IAOC:
>--------
>Dave Crocker
>
>IAB:
>--------
>Alissa Cooper
>Joel Halpern
>David Kessens
>Danny McPherson
>Jon Peterson
>Dave Thaler
>
>IESG:
>--------
>Russ Housley (General Area)
>Pete Resnick (Applications Area)
>Ralph Droms (Internet Area)
>Ronald Bonica (Operations and Management Area)
>Robert Sparks (Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area)
>Adrian Farrel (Routing Area)
>Stephen Farrell (Security Area)
>Wesley Eddy (Transport Area)
>
>The primary activity for this nomcom will begin in August 2012 and
>should be completed in January 2013. The nomcom will be collecting
>requirements from the community, as well as talking to candidates and
>obtaining feedback from community members about candidates. There will
>be regularly scheduled conference calls to ensure progress. Thus,
>being a nomcom member does require some time commitment.
>
>Please volunteer by sending an email before 11:59 pm EDT (UTC - 4
>hours) August 5, 2012 as follows:
>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Nomcom 2012-13 Volunteer
>
>Please include the following information in the body:
>
><Your Full Name>  // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
>                     // First/Given name followed by Last/Family Name
><Current Primary Affiliation>
>                 // typically what goes in the Company field
>                 //  in the IETF Registration Form
>[<all email addresses used to Register for the past 5 IETF meetings>]
><Preferred email address>  //
><Telephone number>         // For confirmation if selected
>
>Please expect an email response from me within 3 business days stating
>whether or not you are qualified.  If you don't receive a response,
>please re-send your email with the tag "RESEND:" added to the subject
>line.
>
>If you are not yet sure you would like to volunteer, please consider
>that nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the
>leadership of the IETF.  Ensuring the leadership of the IETF is fair
>and balanced and comprised of those who can lead the IETF in the right
>direction is an important responsibility that rests on the IETF
>participants at large. Volunteering for the nomcom is a good way of
>contributing toward that goal.
>
>I will be publishing a more detailed timetable for nomcom activities,
>as well as details of the randomness seeds to be used for the RFC 3797
>selection process, within the next couple weeks.
>
>Thank you,
>Matthew Lepinski
>[email-masked]
>[email-masked]