Subject: [tsvwg] ADOPTION CALL: sctp-dtls-encaps and sctp-sack-immediately

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:30:25 -0000

This email starts a WG call for adoption for 2 potential TSVWG work items
proposing minor extensions to SCTP: This adoption call will conclude 3rd
January 2013.

1) SCTP/DTLS

The authors of "draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-01" request that this
is adopted as TSVWG item.

The IETF-85 meeting indicated some WG support for this, so we are now
ready to make a formal decision and this email is to allow people to
confirm that there is sufficient energy to complete this work in TSVWG.

2) SCTP SACK Immediately

The authors of "draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately" request that
this is adopted as TSVWG item.

This draft was discussed at a number of previous IETFs and the IETF-85
meeting indicated some WG support for this, so we are now ready to make a
formal decision and this email is to allow people to confirm that there is
sufficient energy to complete this work in TSVWG.

PLEASE send an email to this list:

* if you think adopting either/both of these documents in TSVWG is a good
or bad idea.

* if you have implemented or plan to implement these extensions.

* Please also indicate if you are willing to REVIEW either/both documents
during its development.

Best wishes,

Gorry, David and James.
(TSVWG Co-Chairs)

---

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:36:49 +0100

Dear Gorry,

I fully support the adoption of both documents in TSVWG. Both are very useful 
and, in particular, I already make use of the draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-sack-
immediately extension in my SCTP setups (as part of the NorNet project, see 
also http://www.nntb.no/).

Of course, I am also willing to review both documents during their 
development.

-- 
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

=======================================================================
 Thomas Dreibholz

 Simula Research Laboratory
 Simula Innovation AS, Network Systems Group
 Visiting address: Martin Linges vei 17, 1364 Fornebu, Norway
 Mailing address:  P.O.Box 134, 1325 Lysaker, Norway
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://simula.no/people/dreibh
=======================================================================

---

From: "Becke, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:25:51 +0000

Hi Gorry,

1)
This draft is important in the context of the RTCWeb/WebRTC discussion. 
If the RTCWeb/WebRTC solution comes up with SCTP and DTLS we need an agreement here. 
The WG should discuss about the best way, I would like to see the ID in the WG. 
We (especially Sebastian) implement the current discussed RTCWeb stack in the Omnet++/Inet Environment. 

2)
For my feeling the motivation for this kind of extension is strong enough.
Furthermore I see no drawbacks, but the approach provides a possible improvement  without changing the nature of the protocol.
That is why I support the adoption of this draft.

Martin

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:50:11 +0100

Dear Gorry, David and James,

Ericsson is interested and support the adoption of both documents in tsvwg.

We are interested to sctp-sack-immediately, but we have not implemented 
it yet
but we plan to do it in the near future and also follow up tsvwg 
activities on it.

We are also interested in sctp-dtls-encaps-01, but not sure about the 
implementation plan

-- 
Salvatore Loreto, PhD
www.sloreto.com