Subject: [tsvwg] ADOPTION CALL: sctp-dtls-encaps and sctp-sack-immediately

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:30:25 -0000

This email starts a WG call for adoption for 2 potential TSVWG work items
proposing minor extensions to SCTP: This adoption call will conclude 3rd
January 2013.

1) SCTP/DTLS

The authors of "draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-01" request that this
is adopted as TSVWG item.

The IETF-85 meeting indicated some WG support for this, so we are now
ready to make a formal decision and this email is to allow people to
confirm that there is sufficient energy to complete this work in TSVWG.

2) SCTP SACK Immediately

The authors of "draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately" request that
this is adopted as TSVWG item.

This draft was discussed at a number of previous IETFs and the IETF-85
meeting indicated some WG support for this, so we are now ready to make a
formal decision and this email is to allow people to confirm that there is
sufficient energy to complete this work in TSVWG.

PLEASE send an email to this list:

* if you think adopting either/both of these documents in TSVWG is a good
or bad idea.

* if you have implemented or plan to implement these extensions.

* Please also indicate if you are willing to REVIEW either/both documents
during its development.

Best wishes,

Gorry, David and James.
(TSVWG Co-Chairs)

---

From: Irene Rüngeler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:37:50 +0100

Dear Gorry

In my opinion the documents are very important. sctp-dtls-encaps is needed for rtcweb and sctp-sack-immediately shortens the time for a dtls handshake significantly.
I am willing to review the documents.

Best wishes

Irene