Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:56:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
	Author(s)       : Yoshifumi Nishida
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Armando Caro
                          Paul D. Amer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-06-18

Abstract:
   One of the major advantages in SCTP is supporting multi-homing
   communication.  If a multi-homed end-point has redundant network
   connections, SCTP sessions can have a good chance to survive from
   network failures by migrating inactive network to active one.
   However, if we follow the SCTP standard, there can be significant
   delay for the network migration.  During this migration period, SCTP
   cannot transmit much data to the destination.  This issue drastically
   impairs the usability of SCTP in some situations.  This memo
   describes the issue of SCTP failover mechanism and discuss its
   solutions which require minimal modification to the current standard.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/