Subject: [tsvwg] New Version - draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-11.txt

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 07:04:10 +0100

Martin,

Following all the useful wg last call comments, we (Jukka & I) have 
posted an update to byte-pkt that has been passed by the doc shepherd 
(Gorry). I assume you now take it back through the IESG.

Thanks particularly to Gorry, Fred Baker, David Black & Dave Taht 
this time round.

Full diffs at 
<http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-11>
Also, diffs summarised in an appendix and below:

    From -10 to -11:  Following a further WGLC:

       *  Abstract: clarified that advice applies to all AQMs including
          newer ones

       *  Abstract & Intro: changed 'read' to 'detect', because you don't
          read losses, you detect them.

       *  S.1.  Introduction: Disambiguated summary of advice on queue
          measurement.

       *  Clarified that the doc deprecates any preference based solely
          on packet size, it's not only against preferring smaller
          packets.

       *  S.4.1.2.  Congestion Measurement without a Queue: Explained
          that a queue of TXOPs represents a queue into spectrum
          congested by too many bits.

       *  S.5.2: Bit- & Packet-congestible Network: Referred to
          explanation in S.4.1.2 to make the point that TXOPs are not a
          primary unit of workload like bits and packets are, even though
          you get queues of TXOPs.

       *  6.  Security: Disambiguated 'bias towards'.

       *  8.  Conclusions: Made consistent with recommendation to use
          time if possible for queue measurement.

Bob

>From: <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>,
>         <[email-masked]>,
>         <[email-masked]>
>Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 22:52:21 -0700
>Subject: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-11.txt
>
>
>A new version (-11) has been submitted for draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-11.txt
>
>
>The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest/
>
>Diff from previous version:
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-11
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>IETF Secretariat.

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                                  BT