Subject: [tsvwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately-03.txt> (SACK-IMMEDIATELY Extension for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:31:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'SACK-IMMEDIATELY Extension for the Stream Control Transmission
   Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 4960 by defining a method for the sender of
   a DATA chunk to indicate that the corresponding SACK chunk should be
   sent back immediately and not be delayed.  It is done by specifying a
   bit in the DATA chunk header, called the I-bit, which can get set
   either by the SCTP implementation or by the application using an SCTP
   stack.  Since unknown flags in chunk headers are ignored by SCTP
   implementations, this extension does not introduce any
   interoperability problems.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.