Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 18:30:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
        Authors         : Yoshifumi Nishida
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Armando Caro
                          Paul D. Amer
                          Karen E. E. Nielsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-03-02

Abstract:
   One of the major advantages of SCTP is supporting multi-homed
   communication.  If a multi-homed end-point has a redundant network
   connections, the SCTP associations have a good chance to survive
   network failures by migrating traffic from inactive networks to
   active ones.  However, if the SCTP standard is followed, there can be
   a significant delay during the migration.  During this period, SCTP
   might not be able to transmit much data to the peer.  This issue
   drastically impairs the usability of SCTP in some situations.  This
   memo describes the issue of the SCTP failover mechanism and specifies
   an alternative failover procedure for SCTP that improves its
   performance during and after failover.  The procedures require only
   minimal modifications to the current specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/