Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-04.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 12:45:40 -0700

FYI.

These changes reflect:
	- feedback from Gorry (thanks)
	- full head-to-tail scrub for language consistency and clarity
		removed first and second person informal language
		made RFC citations consistent
		made capitalization consistent
		provided examples for the variety of ways to use ports
		moved some of the citations to the normative section
	- added one new recommendation based on existing BCP advice:

 >> Users MUST NOT deploy implementations that default to using the	
experimental System ports (1021 and 1022 [RFC4727]) outside a	
controlled environment where they can be updated with a subsequent	
assigned port [RFC3692].

This addresses all pending issues.

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-04.txt
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:05:29 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Dr. Joseph D. Touch <[email-masked]>, Joe Touch <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use
Revision:	04
Title:		Recommendations for Transport Port Uses
Document date:	2014-05-14
Group:		tsvwg
Pages:		19
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-04
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-04

Abstract:
    This document provides recommendations to application and service
    designers on how to use the transport protocol port number space to
    help in its preservation.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat