Subject: [tsvwg] Circuit Breakers - draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-01.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 12:03:56 +0100

TSVWG,

Last IETF meeting, there was much discussion on when/where a circuit 
breaker function may be needed and what form it could take to protect 
the transport service.

I've written the draft below, and would appreciate comments and feedback 
about using this as a starting point.

best wishes

Gorry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Godred Fairhurst and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker
Revision:	01
Title:		Network Transport Circuit Breakers
Document date:	2014-05-05
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-01

Abstract:
    This note explains what is meant by the term "network transport
    circuit breaker" (CB).  It describes the needs for circuit breakers
    when using network tunnels, and other non-congestion controlled
    applications.  It defines requirements for building a circuit breaker
    and the expected outcomes of using a circuit breaker within the
    Internet.