Subject: [tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-06 as a PS (editorial comment)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 09:14:37 -0000

I've just requested the publication of the above ID, however I have one
editorial request that I would like to suggest when the document is being
revised,

 I think I it would be wise to change the introductory paragraph in
section 1 to also mention the relationship to different versions of DTLS.
I think the current introduction could be read as only defining support
for DTLS 1.0, which is not correct. Please consider this as an early
comment in the next stage of review.

OLD:
 This document specifies
   how SCTP is used on top of the Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS) protocol defined in [RFC4347].

SUGGESTED NEW:
 This document specifies
   how SCTP is used on top of the Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS) protocol. DTLS 1.0 is defined in [RFC4347] and the present
   latest version, DTLS 1.2, is defined in [RFC6347].

Best wishes,

Gorry

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 12:35:43 +0100

>   latest version, DTLS 1.2, is defined in [RFC6347].
OK. I've committed the change to CVS. It will be include in the next revision.

Best regards
Michael