Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-udp-magic-numbers-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:16:29 -0700

Hello,

This draft generalizes the concept of magic numbers in UDP payloads
like in the SPUD protocol prototype. These are 64 bit constants that
should allow middleboxes to correctly identify the type of a UDP
payload with high confidence. This would be applicable with several
UDP encapsulated protocols that are of interest to middleboxes to
parse.

Posting to tsvwg and spud lists.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 8:41 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-udp-magic-numbers-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>, Lucy Yong <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-udp-magic-numbers-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-udp-magic-numbers
Revision:       00
Title:          UDP Magic Numbers
Document date:  2015-04-24
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-udp-magic-numbers-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-udp-magic-numbers/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-udp-magic-numbers-00

Abstract:
   This specification defines magic numbers in UDP which allow a node to
   determine or confirm the protocol contained in a UDP payload. This is
   primarily applicable for encapsulation and transport protocols
   encapsulated within UDP where intermediate devices, such as middle
   boxes, need to parse these protocols for providing service. Magic
   numbers can also be used to multiplex different UDP encapsulated
   protocols over the same UDP port.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat