Subject: [tsvwg] [Errata Rejected] RFC4960 (4876)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 18:26:34 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC4960,
"Stream Control Transmission Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid4876

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Julien Pourtet <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-12-01
Rejected by: Spencer Dawkins (IESG)

Section: 5.1.5.

Original Text
-------------
3)  Compare the port numbers and the Verification Tag contained
    within the COOKIE ECHO chunk to the actual port numbers and the
    Verification Tag within the SCTP common header of the received
    packet.  If these values do not match, the packet MUST be
    silently discarded.

Corrected Text
--------------
3)  Compare the port numbers and the Verification Tag contained
    within the TCB data carried in the State Cookie to the actual
    port numbers and the Verification Tag within the SCTP common
    header of the received packet.  If these values do not match,
    the packet MUST be silently discarded.

Notes
-----
The comparison has to be performed between the values found in the SCTP common header and what is inside the TCB carried in the State Cookie. The current phrasing can lead to think that there are Verifcation Tag and port number fields within the COOKIE ECHO chunk yet outside the State Cookie.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
This errata was withdrawn by the submitter, and was not included in draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata.

--------------------------------------
RFC4960 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Stream Control Transmission Protocol
Publication Date    : September 2007
Author(s)           : R. Stewart, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG