Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05.txt

From: Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 23:53:28 +0300

Hi,

We've made several significant changes to SOCKSv6 (and a few small ones).

  * We've overhauled the UDP relay behavior, and also added DTLS support.

  * We've added an option that alters the behavior of BIND and allows 
clients to handle multiple inbound connections simultaneously. Client 
implementations can use it to mimic listen() + accept().

  * Initial data is no longer a core feature; it is now tied to the 
"slow" (i. e. 1+ RTT) authentication procedure. In cases where only 
0-RTT authentication is on the table (if at all), false starts provide 
the same benefits as initial data, but without the extra complexity.

Feedback, as always, is welcome. We're particularly keen on discussing 
the first two bullet points.

Cheers,

Vlad

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05.txt
Date: 	Tue, 23 Oct 2018 13:16:29 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>, Dragos Niculescu 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Vladimir Olteanu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Revision: 05
Title: SOCKS Protocol Version 6
Document date: 2018-10-23
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 29
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05

Abstract:
The SOCKS protocol is used primarily to proxy TCP connections to
arbitrary destinations via the use of a proxy server. Under the
latest version of the protocol (version 5), it takes 2 RTTs (or 3, if
authentication is used) before data can flow between the client and
the server.

This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
0-RTT authentication.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat