Subject: [tsvwg] The TSVWG WG has placed draft-white-tsvwg-nqb in state "Call For Adoption By WG Issued"

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 00:37:39 -0700

The TSVWG WG has placed draft-white-tsvwg-nqb in state
Call For Adoption By WG Issued (entered by Gorry Fairhurst)

The document is available at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-tsvwg-nqb/

Comment:
draft-white-tsvwg-nqb (see below) was presented and was noted to receive
support for adoption at the Montreal IETF Meeting. This email starts a
Working Group call for adoption on the mailing list. Please send notes of
support or concern to the mailing list and tsvwg Chairs. It proposes to
define a PHB and to assign a new DSCP.

Best wishes, Gorry, Wes and David.

   This draft proposes the definition of a standardized DiffServ code
   point (DSCP) to identify Non-Queue-Building flows (for example:
   interactive voice and video, gaming, machine to machine
   applications), along with a Per-Hop-Behavior (PHB) that provides a
   separate queue for such flows.

   The purpose of such a marking scheme is to enable networks to provide
   and utilize queues that are optimized to provide low latency and low
   loss for such Non-Queue-Building flows (e.g. shallow buffers,
   optimized media access parameters, etc.).

   This marking scheme and PHB has been developed primarily for use by
   access network segments, where queuing delays and queuing loss caused
   by Queue-Building protocols are manifested.  In particular,
   applications to cable broadband links and mobile network radio and
   core segments are discussed.