Subject: [Tzdist] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tzdist-service-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 06:16:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Time Zone Data Distribution Service Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Time Zone Data Distribution Service
        Authors         : Michael Douglass
                          Cyrus Daboo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tzdist-service-08.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2015-06-03

Abstract:
   This document defines a time zone data distribution service that
   allows reliable, secure and fast delivery of time zone data and leap
   second rules to client systems such as calendaring and scheduling
   applications or operating systems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tzdist-service/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tzdist-service-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tzdist-service-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 09:35:10 -0400

Hi folks,

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.  This draft is a work item of the Time Zone Data
> Distribution Service Working Group of the IETF.
>

This latest draft has changes to address Barry's AD review. All changes are 
listed in the Appendix. Most are minor changes, but the re-write of Section 
4.1.4 was quite substantial and so deserves additional review.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 13:55:49 -0400

> listed in the Appendix.

And it addresses it mighty well; thanks.  I'm happy with this version.

> Most are minor changes, but the re-write of Section

I particularly like the 4.1.4 rewrite, and it makes the section much
clearer to me.  Thanks for that.  The working group should absolutely
have a good look at it to make sure it still represents consensus, and
that Cyrus didn't make any errors in the process (I didn't notice any,
but more eyes are better).

That said, I think the review by the working group can happen in
parallel to IETF last call, and I'll go ahead and request last call on
revision -08 today.

Thanks again for the work on this.

Barry, ART Director

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 14:06:05 -0400

Dear friends and colleagues,

Please find the new version for draft-ietf-tzdist-service [1]. We believe
this version addresses our AD's comments. Most of the comments induce minor
modifications, except for section 4.14 that was re-written and so needs
additional reviews. Please take some time to review this section and to
provide comments by June 10.

BR

Daniel and Eliot

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tzdist-service/
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Tzdist] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tzdist-service-08.txt
To: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Barry, ART Director

_______________________________________________
Tzdist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tzdist

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:52:18 -0400

I have reviewed all of the changes, specifically Section 4.1.4, and I am 
comfortable moving forward with this version of the document.

On 06/03/2015 02:06 PM, Daniel Migault wrote:
> Please find the new version for draft-ietf-tzdist-service [1]. We 
> believe this version addresses our AD's comments. Most of the comments 
> induce minor modifications, except for section 4.14 that was 
> re-written and so needs additional reviews. Please take some time to 
> review this section and to provide comments by June 10.
>
> BR
>
> Daniel and Eliot
>
> From: *Barry Leiba* <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> To: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> Cc: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>
>
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University