Subject: [Unbearable] [TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts] OAuth is authorization protocol (#89)

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 14:14:59 -0800

and problems have arisen from misusing it for authentication (see https://oauth.net/articles/authentication/ for example). While this is a bit of nit, I worry that wording like “... to cryptographically bind authentication tokens (such as cookies and OAuth tokens) to ..." in the HTTPSTB abstract might contribute to the misconception. This commit just adds "or authorization" to the sentence in the abstract.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/pull/89

-- Commit Summary --

  * OAuth is authorization protocol and problems have arisen from misusing it for authentication (see https://oauth.net/articles/authentication/ for example). While this is a bit of nit, I worry that wording like “... to cryptographically bind authentication tokens (such as cookies and OAuth tokens) to ..." in the HTTPSTB abstract might contribute to the misconception. This commit just adds "or authorization" to the sentence in the abstract.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-tokbind-https-08.xml (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/pull/89.patch
https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/pull/89.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/pull/89

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 14:18:18 -0800

part of (late, sorry!) WGLC review 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/pull/89#issuecomment-268095000