Subject: RE: OK, so what should people actually do?

From: Yaron Goland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:41:42 -0800

Having been in a similar situation I have been telling people in my own
company to use schemes which start with vnd.ms.*. In other words use vnd
followed by the company MIME identifier. 

This is NOT the group consensus but I can't wait for the group to make up
its mind. We have to ship and we had to do something. 

			Yaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig A. Finseth [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 1998 9:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OK, so what should people actually do?

I am working with people who need to actually use a private URL
format.  To that end, I had written up an Internet Draft proposing an
"eid" scheme.  I am more than happy to withdraw that draft, but need
to actually tell people what to put into a product.  Soon.

I have looked at the mail archives for this group, but don't seem to
see a consensus.

Could someone please fill me in on the consensus, if any?

Craig

---

From: "Craig A. Finseth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:19:41 -0600 (CST)

Thanks!  Appreciated.

Craig