Subject: Re: SENSE> Re: IPP> Re: SNMPv3 unsuited for IPP/JMP Notifica

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 14:15:11 -0500

I also agree...  (its not realistic for a simple embedded device to maintain
notification info for hundreds of clients). But, this does not mean that the
embedded Device should never be able to handle notification to multiple
clients. There may be more than one "notification server", or some smaller
scale networks using peer-to-peer printing without a notification server.

Yes, the embedded device will ultimately limit the number of notification hosts
it can service, but (as I presented in Austin) I feel 16 - 32 is not
unreasonable for many "network printers".

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

[email-masked] on 03/23/98 08:33:19 AM
Please respond to [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: SENSE> Re: IPP> Re: SNMPv3 unsuited for IPP/JMP Notification

Turner, Randy wrote:

> I will reiterate my belief that I don't think its realistic for a simple
> embedded device to maintain notification info for hundreds of clients