Subject: Re: JMP> Job MIB Standard direction

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 18:59:30 -0500

Jay, Yes,  I believe the PWG is capable of this. I just don't think we have
ever stated it as such...

>PWG advertises the protocol and retains
>all related documents in a publicly available repository, and that
>the PWG maintains authoritative control on the specifications?

>From time to time we've danced around the "is the PWG a real stds body"
question. The rubber
need to meet the road with JMP and probably FIN.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

[email-masked] on 11/07/97 04:27:58 PM
Please respond to [email-masked] @ internet
To: Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM@ibmus
cc: [email-masked] @ internet, [email-masked] @ internet, [email-masked] @
internet, [email-masked] @ internet, [email-masked] @ internet,
[email-masked] @ internet
Subject: Re: JMP> Job MIB Standard direction

Harry Lewis wrote:

> Another thing I think this decision will force that we are really not
> addressing is the last bit of Harald's statement  "as a protocol under PWG
> control" Do we know exactly what this means?
>
> Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

Doesn't this mean that the PWG advertises the protocol and retains
all related documents in a publicly available repository, and that
the PWG maintains authoritative control on the specifications?

Are there other issues?  Do you think the PWG is not currently able
to do these things?  If not, what must be done to make this happen,
assuming the PWG desires to do this?

 ...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------