Subject: Re: [URN] status

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 07:20:57 -0500 (EST)

Howdy,

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Aaron E. Walsh wrote:
> I'm preparing now to register a few URN namespaces, and wonder if you or
> others could point me towards the proper documents to file? I understand
> this isn't as simple a process as simply submitting an online form, as
> we do for domains through InterNic, so want to make sure I'm heading in
> the right direction :)

The procedure is outlined in 

	draft-ietf-urn-nid-req-xx.txt

which is being finalized currently.  I.e., that document lays out the
mechanism, which should be "live" within the next little while.

Leslie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Never confuse                               Leslie Daigle
     an appreciation of the simple                              
              for                              Bunyip Information Systems Inc.
     a lack of understanding of the complex."  +1 514 285 0088
                  -- ThinkingCat               [email-masked]
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Aaron E. Walsh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 19:09:59 -0500

Thanks Leslie.. that was the pointer I needed :)

Aaron