Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rozenfeld-urn-issn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 06:44:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using The ISSN (International Serial Standard
                          Number)as URN (Uniform Resource Names) within an
                          ISSN-URN Namespace
        Author(s)       : S. Rozenfeld
        Filename        : draft-rozenfeld-urn-issn-00.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 05-Sep-00

This draft document presents how the ISSN - International Standard
Serial Number - which is a persistent number for unique
identification of serials widely recognised and used in the
bibliographic world, can be supported within the URN framework as a
specific URN namespace identifier.
An ISSN URN resolution system using the ISSN identifier as Uniform
resource Name within an ISN URN Namespace has been developed by the
ISSN International Centre (ISSN-IC) and is operating as a demonstrator
to evaluate all requirements to deploy it in an operational
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rozenfeld-urn-issn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-rozenfeld-urn-issn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rozenfeld-urn-issn-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.