Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 06:39:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A DDDS Database Using The Domain Name System
        Author(s)       : M. Mealling
        Filename        : draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-01.txt
        Pages           : 19
        Date            : 20-Sep-00

This document describes a Dynamic Delegation Discovery System
Database using the Domain Name System as a distributed database of
Rules. The Keys are domain-names and the Rules are encoded using the
NAPTR Resource Record.
Since this document officially obsoletes RFC 2168, it is the
official specification for the NAPTR DNS Resource Record.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:16:25 -0400

Howdy,

The document authors have finished making the suggested edits, and
as no one has raised an objection to the restructuring of the
documents, I'm putting the following 4 documents up for Working Group
last call:

        Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS)
        (draft-ietf-urn-ddds-02.txt)
        Target:  Proposed Standard

        A DDDS Database Using The Domain Name System
        (draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-01.txt)
        Target: Proposed Standard

        URI Resolution using the Dynamic Delegation Discovery
        (draft-ietf-urn-uri-res-ddds-01.txt)
        Target:  Proposed Standard

        Assignment Procedures for the URI Resolution using DNS
        (draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-05.txt)
        Target:  BCP

Please read them carefully and provide comments (to the list or
to the authors) by OCTOBER 6, 2000. Hopefully all substantive issues
have already been addressed, but we are putting most of these up for
standards documents, and we'd better make sure we've dotted our i's
and crossed our t's...

Thanks,
Leslie.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality with a delicate splash of the imaginary...
    ... or was that the other way around?"
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------