Subject: Updated milestones

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:09:30 -0400

Howdy,

It is, evidently, time for some housecleaning in the IETF APPs
area, and WG chairs have been asked to update their milestones.

We are all-but-done -- I've added new individual, _short_term_
milestones for wrapping up the resolution system documents (which
the wg didn't disagree to taking on, as they are technically
the same as the NAPTR/rds documents that preceded them, and which
should be just about done, for the same reasons).

As I understand it, Michael will have new versions out shortly to
reflect commentary that he has received.  I expect it will be
appropriate to WG last call those versions of the documents -- hence
the short timeframe on the milestones :-)

Leslie.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality with a delicate splash of the imaginary...
    ... or was that the other way around?"
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Goals and Milestones:

Done     Submit revision of URN Framework document as Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit revised version of the NAPTR proposal as an
Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit Syntax document as an Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit document detailing the N2L/N2R/etc resolution results as
an
Internet-Draft.

Done     Submit document describing one (new) namespace as an
Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit revised N2L/N2R/etc document as an Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit NAPTR proposal to IESG as Experimental RFC. Submit
Framework document to IESG for publication as an RFC. Submit syntax
paper to IESG for publication as an RFC.

Done    Submit paper outlining grandfathering one namespace into the
framework as an Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit revised grandfather namespace document as Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit N2L/N2R/etc document to IESG for publication as RFC.

Done    Submit revised new Namespace document as Internet-Draft.

Done    Submit grandfathered namespace paper to IESG for publication as
RFC.  Submit new namespace proposal to IESG for publication as RFC.

Oct 00  Submit "Assignment Procedures for the URI Resolution using DNS"
to IESG as Proposed Standard.

Oct 00  Submit "Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS)" to IESG as
Proposed Standard.

Oct 00  Submit "A DDDS Database Using The Domain Name System" to
IESG as Proposed Standard

Oct 00  Submit "URI Resolution using the Dynamic Delegation Discovery
System" to IESG as Proposed Standard.

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:17:22 -0400

> System" to IESG as Proposed Standard.

These all look fine to me. I expect new versions of the docs to be
done by the end of this week...

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions       |          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]