Subject: Re: Content-Location is your friend

From: Patrick Stickler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:14:17 +0200

On 2002-01-19 10:45, "ext Patrick Stickler" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> If there is consistent, uniform intersection of semantics for
> all instances of a URI scheme, then define that semantics within
> the scope of the URI Scheme definition -- and in fact I assert
> that that is precisely why we have URI Schemes.

And if there is consistent, uniform intersection of semantics
for a set of URI schemes, then define that semantics within
the scope of a URI class (URN, URL, URP, URT, URV, etc.) -- and
I assert that this is precisely why we need the classical
view of URI classification and that the taxonomy of URI Classes
must be formal, so that the knowledge about the semantics
of URI schemes and URIs can be expressed and available to
applications in a maximally efficient manner.

Cheers,

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler              Phone: +358 50 483 9453
Senior Research Scientist     Fax:   +358 7180 35409
Nokia Research Center         Email: [email-masked]