Subject: [urn] draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 17:34:38 -0500

Hi.

draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-06 is now in the posting
queue.  As compared to the previous version, it has updated
references, an explicit reference to the IANA URN namespace
registry, and some minor editorial tuning.  

We will eventually need to come back to this document after the
2141bis registration template is complete (see prior note about
reviewing that template in 2141bis-15) and we are ready to move
forward, but probably time can be better spent now than on
review this document.  The one important exception is that, if
anyone has (or knows of) existing registrations that could
usefully be changed to reflect the new model, this would be the
right time to start thinking about them, if only because minor
patches could be made as part of this I-D without requiring new
documents.

     john

---

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:23:11 -0800

From my perspective, this one is okay. I did not find any nits to pick, 
other than that the document seems mostly to be a matter of housekeeping 
for existing registrations (and I cannot think of any additional 
registrations to update).

However, this document raises a novel issue in my mind, which I will 
spin up under a separate thread.

Sean

On 2/7/2016 2:34 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> urn mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn