Subject: [urn] Namespace application v2: reso

From: Sam DeBord <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 08:58:24 -0700

Please see resubmission of namespace application below.

*Sam DeBord*
CEO | RESO - Real Estate Standards Organization
[email-masked] | 206.658.3225

--

Namespace Identifier:

   reso

Version:

   0.1

Date:

   2020-03-08

Registrant:

Real Estate Standards Organization

Sam DeBord, CEO

[email-masked] – 919.504.9898

Purpose:

The Namespace Identifier (NID) "reso" for Uniform Resource Names
(URNs) will be used to identify resources published by Real Estate
Standards Organization: RESO <https://reso.org>.

These might include published standards or protocols that RESO
defines and that make use of URNs.  These namespaces are globally unique.
The URN namespace will be used in public networks by clients to configure
and manage resources in the network.  Servers will enforce the uniqueness
of the namespaces by using the namespace and the XPath associated with the
managed node in the network when accessing a resource.

Examples of proposed uses:

Representation of Unique Licensee IDs: These will have the form of
urn:reso:ulid:x, where x is a specific licensee identifier. Licensees can
be people like Agents, photographers, appraisers, and others involved in
the transaction.

Recorder IDs: These are part of an event model proposal, in which the URN
will take a form of urn:reso:recorder:org:x, where org is an organization
id well-known to RESO and x is identifier of the recording entity in that
organization.

References to RESO Data Dictionary items: These are already established in
our ecosystem. This link shows the "Property" resource, which consists of
fields and enumerations. Each field has a RESO-generated RecordID
associated with it (or LookupID in the case of enumerated values). For
example, the PropertySubType field has a RecordID of 100222, and one of the
allowed values for that field is Apartment, which is part of Lookup Field
ID 302000 and has LookupID 302001. These would have URNs of the form:
urn:reso:rid:100222, urn:reso:lfid:302000, and urn:reso:lid:302001,
respectively.

Syntax:

   The syntax of Namespace Specific Strings for the "reso" namespace
   is <NSS> in Uniform Resource Names (URNs) [RFC8141].

The entire URN is case-insensitive.

Assignment:

   RESO will maintain the list of registered resources that use the
   "reso" NID in the "RESO URN Namespace" standards at
   <https://www.reso.org/>.

   The RESO workgroups describe the <NSS>, how namespaces will be
allocated, and how experimental namespaces can
   be used within the allocated URN.

   RESO will manage resource classes using the "reso" NID and will be
   the authority for managing resources and associated subsequent
   strings.  RESO will guarantee the uniqueness of the strings by
   validating them against the existing content of the standards.
   RESO may also permit secondary responsibility for certain defined
   resources.  Once a subtree assignment is made, it cannot be
   deleted or reassigned.

   RESO may allow use of experimental type values in specific
   subtrees for testing purposes only.  Note that using experimental
   types may create collision as multiple users may use the same
   values for different resources and specific strings.  All
   experimentation must follow the guidance set forth in "A Uniform
   Resource Name (URN) Namespace for Examples" [RFC6963].

Security and Privacy:

   There are no additional security considerations other than those
   normally associated with the use and resolution of URNs in general.

Interoperability:

   There are no known interoperability issues at this time.

Resolution:

   It is not foreseen that URNs within this namespace will undergo
   resolution.

Documentation:

   Documentation can be found at
   <https://www.reso.org>