Subject: Re: #1047 Path field delimiters and syntax - status

From: John Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> ... given that your previous case 2 should disappear,

Given? The only given about case 2 is that it will continue to happen.
When did it become a "given" that it should dissappear? The poll result 
was 4 to 2 (hardly earthshaking), and the 4 were actually voting that ip 
literals still be allowed to appear in the path header field but they
just won't be called path-identities. 

It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, it appears in the same place a 
duck appears, but it ain't a duck because we think it is "given" that it
ain't a duck. Green is red.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:22:05 +0200

John,

I do not find you amusing.
Or constructive.

I will suspend your posting rights to this list the next time you post 
something that I find equally non-constructive.

See RFC 3934 for the details.

--On mandag, september 12, 2005 10:51:31 -0700 John Stanley 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, it appears in the same place
> a  duck appears, but it ain't a duck because we think it is "given" that
> it ain't a duck. Green is red.
>
>
>
>
>