Subject: Re: #1093 Email addresses - conclusion

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:15:20 GMT

In <[email-masked]> John Stanley <[email-masked]> writes:

>Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>It is IN scope for us to discuss this related to USEAGE , but USEAGE is 
>>not presently on our schedule of things to discuss.

>Tell this to Charles, who is posting proposed text for USAGE to initiate 
>discussion. 

Harald had said, when giving the results of the poll, than some mention in
USEAGE was not precluded. Acting on that, I therefore wrote some USEAGE
text, prefacing it with the following:

"I have also written the following tentative piece for USEAGE (I think it
is useful to prepare a text whilst the matter is fresh in our minds - I
will accept comments on it now, but major discussion will come later when
USEAGE is fully on topic):"

It is clearly defined as "tentative". You can disucss it now, if you like
(and as you seem to be doing), but for sure its major scrutiny will come
later. I only wrote it so that we would not lose sight of all the details
that have arisen in the recent discussions.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5