Subject: [v4v6interim] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-01.txt]

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:26:50 +0200

Hi,

We have updated the draft.
We have included a section describing which scenarios of the 
Arkko/Townsley draft this tool is applicable to and a discussion about 
whether to use a well know prefix or a local prefix for the Pref64::/96 
to map v4 addresses into v6 addresses

If you have comments, please send them to this list, or to the behave ml 
or to the auhtors

Regards, marcelo

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: 	I-D Action:draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-01.txt
Fecha: 	Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
De: 	[email-masked]
Responder a: 	[email-masked]
Para: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT64/DNS64: Network Address and Protocol Translation from IPv6 Clients to IPv4 Servers
	Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2008-09-19

NAT64 is a mechanism for translating IPv6 packets to IPv4 packets and
vice-versa.  DNS64 is a mechanism for synthesizing AAAA records from
A records.  These two mechanisms together enable client-server
communication between an IPv6-only client and an IPv4-only server,
without requiring any changes to either the IPv6 or the IPv4 node,
for the class of applications that work through NATs.  They also
enable peer-to-peer communication between an IPv4 and an IPv6 node,
where the communication can be initiated by either end using
existing, NAT-traversing, peer-to-peer communication techniques.
This document specifies NAT64 and DNS64, and gives suggestions on how
they should be deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
v4v6interim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v4v6interim