Subject: [v4v6interim] Remote participation

From: Nathan Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:18:09 +1200

Further to Jereon's comments about non-attendees, will this meeting  
have any remote participation available?

I've been doing a rather large amount of work in this space, and am  
very interested in participating, but am unable to get to the physical  
meeting.

--
Nathan Ward

_______________________________________________
v4v6interim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v4v6interim

---

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:27:21 +1000

> very interested in participating, but am unable to get to the physical

I asked this question a week or so back to the ADs, as I have the same  
problem about getting to the meeting physically.

so +1 from me.

   Geoff

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:33:48 +0200

++ as well 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Nathan Ward
> Sent: mardi 16 septembre 2008 11:18
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [v4v6interim] Remote participation
> 
> Further to Jereon's comments about non-attendees, will this 
> meeting have any remote participation available?
> 
> I've been doing a rather large amount of work in this space, 
> and am very interested in participating, but am unable to get 
> to the physical meeting.
> 
> --
> Nathan Ward
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:40:13 +0200

> problem about getting to the meeting physically.
The ADs are working with the meeting host to see what can be done based 
on what the facility has to offer. Cisco has offered webex hosting so 
that remote participants can at least see what is being presented on the 
projector and what is being said into a microphone, accessible over a 
web and/or PSTN interface  for voice (with recording of all this for 
later viewing). But, without good microphones and discipline to use 
them, the experience might be limited. Same for folks that want to chime 
in over the phone, its nice to have some level of "floor control" to 
help moderate the interaction. We could setup a camera as well, but 
without real funding or exceptional volunteer efforts (not to mention 
lending of equipment and good connectivity outside the building), I'm 
not all that optimistic. We will do the best we can with the resources 
available, wish I could say more - perhaps Suresh can jump in and give 
more insight.

- Mark

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:26:27 +1200

I suggest using EVO, as long as you can hook the room sound and a webcam
into a dedicated laptop. I can help get an EVO room set up. EVO rocks.

http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/index.jsp

    Brian

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:14:09 +0200

> http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/index.jsp

Thanks for the pointer.

Gunter has volunteered to handle this part of the puzzle, and if he 
decides that EVO is the right tool, or if someone else wants to 
volunteer time, effort, and equipment to set this up in parallel to 
whatever Gunter does, with webex, that is fine by me (as long as the 
Ericsson facilities have the upstream bandwidth for all of this, and we 
don't end up with 8 different microphones clipped to the presenter).

- Mark