Subject: Re :Re: Re :automatic tunnel mechanism selection [Re: tunnel broker deployment [RE: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation]

From: PARK SOO HONG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:47:10 +0000 (GMT)

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daniel-dhc-ipv6in4-opt-01.txt

The idea of using DHCP from the ISP to the CPE of the user to indicate

a tunnel endpoint which act as tunnel server is interesting.

However, I do not understand why you add a netmask to it.

Also, sending more than one IP address for tunnel endpoint seems

to add complexity for little gain, so I would favor a simpler version

that advertise only one endpoint.

Daniel> Yes, and I already received this point, so revised draft will
be available soon

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-ctep-opt

> -00.txt

This one makes me more perplex...

This seems to me like a routing protocol that does not want to say its

name.

It somehow says: to reach IPv6 destination X, tunnel to Ipv6

destination Y

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this... Why doing routing with

an IPv6 in Ipv6 encapsulation?

Daniel> This discussion happened at this dhc meeting too. So I am trying

to clarify this point with a revised draft soon... hope this helps

btw,  is it a DHC document or an individual submission?

Sure, it's a dhc work item so far...

- Alain.

Regards

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)

Mobile Platform Laboratory. SAMSUNG Electronics