Subject: RE: BGPTUNNEL [RE: Work on MPLS and tunneling approaches in scenarios]

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:15:33 -0000

Hello Pekka,

>> Agreed --the first step would probably need to be to remove the other
>> mechanisms than which "6PE" has, because we're only 
>> interested in that
>> specific scenario

Alright.

>> (and possibly the case where the MPLS control plane
>> has been upgraded to support IPv6 LSPs -- I don't know how this
>> relates to BGPTUNNEL spec, though.
 
Use of IPv6 LSPs is already fully specified as part of the existing MPLS
specs (LDP, RSVP-TE) and MP-BGP for IPv6. So bgp-tunnel need not be
discussing that. The isp-scenario-analysis could refer to bgp-tunnel
when mentioning "IPv6 over IPv4 MPLS" and could refer directly to the
existing LDP/RSVP-TE/MP-BGP specs when mentioning "IPv6 LSPs".

All the other points you mentioned sound good to me.

Cheers

Francois

>> -- 
>> Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
>> Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
>> Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
>> 
>>