Subject: ask for comments: I-D ACTION:draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-01.txt

From: "Liu Min" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:06:53 +0800

Any comments will be appreciated.

Best Wishes,
 
Liu Min
Institute of Computing Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel: (86-10) 6256 5533-9240 
E-mail: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title	: Tunneling IPv6 with private IPv4 addresses behind 
			  NAT devices
	Author(s)	: L. Min, et al. 
	Filename	: draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-01.txt
	Pages	: 27
	Date		: 2004-5-11
	
The growth of IPv6 networks started mainly using the transport
facilities offered by the current Internet. This led to the
development of several techniques to manage IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels.
However, classic tunneling methods do not work when the IPv6
candidate node is isolated behind a Network Address Translator (NAT)
device. We propose here a service, called Silkroad, to enable nodes
located behind one or several IPv4 NATs to obtain IPv6 connectivity.
It can provide IPv6 connectivity through all existing NAT types and
does not require any update of them. In addition, Silkroad does not
need special IPv6 addressing prefix and can provide the users with
permanent/temporary IPv6 addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.