Subject: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-00.txt

From: Mohsen Souissi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:41:52 +0100

Hi Jim,

I can read in draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-00.txt section 7.3.2 (
"Obtaining global IPv6 address space" ) the following:

"

 Unique Local Addressing [ULAs] should not be used for enterprise
 networks.

"

I'm certainly missing something but maybe it is worth explaining, at
least in one line or with a reference to an other document, why ULAs
should not be used in enterprise networks...

Thanks for clarifying this statement.

Apart from that, in the same document:

"
7.4.1 IPv6 DNS

 The enterprise site should deploy a DNS service that is capable of
 both serving IPv6 DNS records (of the AAAA format, see RFC????) and
 of communicating over IPv6 transport.

"

==> RFC = 3596

==> Maybe reverse DNS configuration under ip6.arpa should be
recommended by the way...

Regards,

Mohsen.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:44:49 +0000

Hi,

This comment is being removed from the next version, fret not :)

Tim

-- 
Tim

North American IPv6 Task Force Technologist Seminar
More info at http://www.ipv6seminar.com/