Subject: Consensus: re-charter v6ops with narrower focus?

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:23:30 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

(co-chair hat on)

At the meeting, there was very clear rough consensus to narrow down 
the focus of v6ops, to (in principle) exclude protocol work from the 
charter.  A basis for discussion was:

http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/61/v6ops-dow-diff.html

If you believe this is a bad approach, please raise your concerns 
within a week, by November 19th.

I will open the discussion of the new charter in a separate thread, so 
if you agree in principle but have some minor comments on the proposed 
charter, let's take them to a separate thread.

(hat off)

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:06:58 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

(co-chair hat on)

There appears to be rough consensus to re-charter v6ops with narrower 
focus.  Thanks!

The charter bashing will go forward, probably off-list so that the 
list can concentrate on the technical topics.

(hat off)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Pekka Savola wrote:
> (co-chair hat on)
>
> At the meeting, there was very clear rough consensus to narrow down the focus 
> of v6ops, to (in principle) exclude protocol work from the charter.  A basis 
> for discussion was:
>
> If you believe this is a bad approach, please raise your concerns within a 
> week, by November 19th.
>
> I will open the discussion of the new charter in a separate thread, so if you 
> agree in principle but have some minor comments on the proposed charter, 
> let's take them to a separate thread.
>
> (hat off)
>
>