Subject: Ideas on the future of v6ops WG

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:20:11 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

Various people have tried to figure out the path forward for v6ops and 
the work it has been doing. This has resulted in a number of written 
ideas.

In the interest of the open process and giving the WG to comment and 
think about the proposals at least some time in advance, they're 
available at URLs below.

Possible way to restrict the scope of v6ops to focus more on 
operational issues:

   http://netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/61/v6ops-dow.txt

Possible start of a charter for a new, focused working group for 
setting up a v6-in-v4 tunnel, and a justification document trying to 
summarize the background for this approach:

   http://netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/61/v6tc-charter.txt
   http://netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/61/v6tc-justification.txt

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings