Subject: RFC 4029 on Scenarios and Analysis for Introducing IPv6 into ISP Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:41:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 4029

         Title:      Scenarios and Analysis for Introducing IPv6 into
                     ISP Networks
         Author(s):  M. Lind, V. Ksinant, S. Park, A. Baudot, P. Savola
         Status:     Informational
         Date:       March 2005
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked], [email-masked]
         Pages:      28
         Characters: 64388
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-isp-scenarios-analysis-03.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4029.txt

This document describes different scenarios for the
introduction of IPv6 into an ISP's existing IPv4 network without
disrupting the IPv4 service.  The scenarios for introducing IPv6
are analyzed, and the relevance of already defined transition
mechanisms are evaluated.  Known challenges are also identified.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.