Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-historic (Reasons to Move NAT-PT to Historic Status) to Informational RFC

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:00:30 -0800

On Feb 28, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

> Is there a document that describes a deployment plan under a two  
> stack transition?

Well, I can't say they are exacty what you're looking for, but you  
might glance at:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2767.txt
2767 Dual Stack Hosts using the "Bump-In-the-Stack" Technique (BIS).
      K. Tsuchiya, H. Higuchi, Y. Atarashi. February 2000. (Format:
      TXT=26402 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3338.txt
3338 Dual Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-API" (BIA). S. Lee, M-K.
      Shin, Y-J. Kim, E. Nordmark, A. Durand. October 2002. (Format:
      TXT=34480 bytes) (Status: EXPERIMENTAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3750.txt
3750 Unmanaged Networks IPv6 Transition Scenarios. C. Huitema, R.
      Austein, S. Satapati, R. van der Pol. April 2004. (Format:  
TXT=48153
      bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3974.txt
3974 SMTP Operational Experience in Mixed IPv4/v6 Environments. M.
      Nakamura, J. Hagino. January 2005. (Format: TXT=22729 bytes)  
(Status:
      INFORMATIONAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4038.txt
4038 Application Aspects of IPv6 Transition. M-K. Shin, Ed., Y-G.
      Hong, J. Hagino, P. Savola, E. M. Castro. March 2005. (Format:
      TXT=69727 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4215.txt
4215 Analysis on IPv6 Transition in Third Generation Partnership
      Project (3GPP) Networks. J. Wiljakka, Ed.. October 2005. (Format:
      TXT=52903 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4241.txt
4241 A Model of IPv6/IPv4 Dual Stack Internet Access Service. Y.
      Shirasaki, S. Miyakawa, T. Yamasaki, A. Takenouchi. December 2005.
      (Format: TXT=20580 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4779.txt
4779 ISP IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in Broadband Access Networks. S.
      Asadullah, A. Ahmed, C. Popoviciu, P. Savola, J. Palet. January  
2007.
      (Format: TXT=188511 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)