Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Campus Transition Scenario Description and Analysis
	Author(s)	: T. Chown
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2007-3-28
	
In this document we consider and analyse the specific scenario of
   IPv6 transition and deployment in a large department of a university
   campus network.  The department is large enough to operate its own
   instances of all the conventional university services including (for
   example) web, DNS, email, filestore, interactive logins, and remote
   and wireless access.  The scenario is a dual-stack one, i.e.
   transition to IPv6 means deploying IPv6 in the first instance (and
   probably for some time) alongside IPv4.  This analysis identifies the
   available components for IPv6 transition, while validating the
   applicability of the IPv6 Enterprise Network Scenarios informational
   text.  It focuses on the network and associated service elements of
   the transition, rather than the application elements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:20:49 +0100

Hi,

This update addresses comments by Stig and Dave Thaler, as well as acting
on two general comments agreeing that removing the two application oriented
subsections was appropriate (given also the Ent Analysis draft focused on
the network aspects).

I will leave it to the chairs to decide if they want to push it up as is
or whether the diffs while very minor in semantics being quite a few warrant
a fresh last call.

Tim

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

-- 
Tim