Subject: IETF 68 Agenda

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:28:30 -0800

I have posted an agenda for this meeting. It is as follows. As I need  
to post them for the proceedings and for use by people who will be  
dialing in to the meeting, I need the speakers to post their slides  
to me within the coming week.

Agenda for IPv6 Operations, IETF 68

Brief discussion of WGLC outcomes of:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon
   "IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations", Gunter Van de  
Velde,
   26-Oct-06, <draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-02.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications
   "IPv6 Implications for Network Scanning", Tim Chown, 26-Oct-06,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications-01.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition
   "IPv6 Campus Transition Scenario Description and Analysis", Tim  
Chown,
   16-Oct-06, <draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-00.txt>

Myung-Ki Shin
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios
   "IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 802.16 Networks", Myung-Ki Shin, 16- 
Feb-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios-03.txt>
   (updated with respect to WGLC completed in February)

Ruri Hiromi
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps
   "Problem Statement of Default Address Selection in Multi-prefix  
Environment:
   Operational Issues of RFC3484 Default Rules", Arifumi Matsumoto,  
10-Nov-06,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-00.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-req
   "Requirements for the address selection mechanisms", Arifumi  
Matsumoto,
   21-Feb-07, <draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-req-01.txt>

Marc Blanchet
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-routing-guidelines
   "IPv6 Routing Policies Guidelines", Marc Blanchet, 27-Feb-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-routing-guidelines-01.txt>

This time I was smart enough to ask for two slots. However, I expect  
we will not need the second one.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:02:41 +0000

>   <draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications-01.txt>

I have submitted an 02 version today based on the wglc feedback from
around half a dozen sources.
 
>   16-Oct-06, <draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-00.txt>

This one has only had comments from Stig Venaas.  I have not updated
it at this time.
 
> we will not need the second one.

It looks that way, yes.

I could present a short info piece on activity we see on our IPv6
firewall and IDS, if that's of interest.    It's possible for example
that some kind of 'potentially harmful things for IDS designers and
implementors to look for' document may be handy.   Perhaps a small
discussion on that may be interesting if deemed appropriate.

-- 
Tim

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:53:47 -0800

Thanks, Tim.

Yes, let's have the discussion that you suggested. With 2.5 hours  
Monday morning, I think I can give each speaker half and hour and  
still wind up with plenty of time for that, and I think it would be  
useful/interesting. I'm hearing rumblings in security circles that  
suggest that it may also be timely.

I would appreciate you updating campus-transition as well.