Subject: SNMP MIB for IPv6 BGP

From: Mark Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:35:54 +1030

Hi.

Has any work been done, either by IETF or Cisco, on an SNMP
MIB for IPv6 BGP peers?

My google-fu has produced some murmurings about ongoing work,
but nothing definitive.  

Trying to teach our NMS to alert us to BGP-down events without
needing it to ssh to routers to do "show bgp ipv6 summary".

  - mark

-- 
Mark Newton                               Email:  [email-masked] (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  [email-masked]  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82282999
"Network Man" - Anagram of "Mark Newton"  Mobile: +61-416-202-223

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:49:54 +0200 (EET)

> needing it to ssh to routers to do "show bgp ipv6 summary".

Yes: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/idr/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2/

The work has been discontinued due to lack of interest but recently 
there was an effort to bring it back on track by splitting the one 
gigantic MIB into smaller pieces.

It has been at least partially implemented by some vendors.  We use 
certain features (e.g., v6 BGP neighbor status) of it.

The IDR WG is the right place to look for this.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings