Subject: Client side for RDNSS option in RA (RFC 5006)

From: Michael Widerkrantz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:02:46 +0200

Hello,

I thought it might interest the list that I have implemented the client
side of RFC 5006, "IPv6 Router Advertisement Option for DNS
Configuration". It's released under a two-clause BSD license. You can
find the source here:

  http://hack.org/mc/hacks/radns-0.5.tar.gz

See the README file for more information.

The program is released in the interest of making RFC 5006 more
commonly used in some classes of networks.

Big thanks to my employer, Stickybit AB, for agreeing to release this
quick and ugly hack. See http://www.stickybit.se/ for more about them.

Comments welcome, but I guess they are better kept off-list. If anyone
wants to speak about this face to face I'm at the IETF 72 in Dublin
until Friday.

-- 
M.C. Widerkrantz
http://hack.org/mc/

---

From: Mohacsi Janos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:37:35 +0200 (CEST)

Cool!

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and Projects
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F  4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:05:00 +0300

>   http://hack.org/mc/hacks/radns-0.5.tar.gz

ndisc6 has had support for this for a while. I imagine however that dual-stack 
integration considerations will push this to higher-level network 
connection "manager" applications. Also, on Debian/Ubuntu et al, people can 
get RFC5006 working today, with:

# apt-get install rdnssd

Regards,

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont