Subject: RE: 2nd trial: Diffs between draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-01 and draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-02

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:04:06 -0600

Olaf,

Good catch.  This text will be added to the next version of the Phase I
doc.  I have done a GAP analysis between the
draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-01 and
draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-02 and this is one item we have already
found and adding to the Phase I -03 document.

Thanks,

Hemant

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:24 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant); Wes Beebee (wbeebee); [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: 2nd trial: Diffs between draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-01
and draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-02

I resend this email since I've not seen my first version ariving on the
list. 

-------------------------------------------

Hi Wes, Hemant and Chris

On Tuesday during the v6ops WG meeting I learned that the new version 02
of the I-D draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router contains only "Phase 1" text
that has more or less only basic/core technical functionality (like
provisioning of WAN/LAN ifs etc.). All the other stuff will come later
on within the "Phase 2" I-D that is at the moment available as
draft-wbeebee-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-bis.

Nevertheless I got the impression that during the split of the CPE
router requirements doc into these two Phase 1 and Phase 2 documents
some of the original text has been vanished. (Very useful text that IMHO
has been very well written). Especially I targeting at section 5.6 of
the old draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-01 I-D (separate NCPs for IPv4
and IPv6 inside a PPP connection).
Where is this text gone? Will it be inserted in the Phase 2 doc later
on? Or do the new documents have another (higher) level of abstraction?

Thx
	Olaf