Subject: Re: [v6ops] Checking an outcome on the list

From: "Dave Michaud" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 12:44:31 -0500

Comments are inline

Dave Michaud

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Fred Baker (fred)
> Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:57 PM
> To: [email-masked] WG
> Subject: [v6ops] Checking an outcome on the list
> 
> We say we check f2f decisions on the mailing list to ensure that
everyone had a
> chance to speak. Let's do that.
> 
> In IETF 88, we discussed a number of drafts. Of these:
>   - draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security will start a two week WGLC
on
> Monday morning New Zealand time.

Ok

>   - draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-experience appears to have reached closure.
We have
> one additional revision coming, and then will do a 1 week last call,
probably
> early December.

I will review once the final version is in.

>   - draft-liu-bonica-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-problem documents what seems
to be a
> real problem.
>       1) In your opinion, should
draft-liu-bonica-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-problem be
> adopted as WG draft draft-ietf-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-problem and matured
into a
> problem statement to present to 6man?

Yes

>       2) In your opinion, should v6ops invite a draft (which we might
adopt as a
> working group draft) that gives current guidance to operators
regarding the
> use of DHCP and SLAAC in their networks?

Yes

>   - Should draft-chen-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis be adopted as WG
draft
> draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis?

3GPP specifies how the cellular nodes SHOULD behave
GSMA specifies provides guidelines on how operators SHOULD configure
roaming
IETF v6ops (through this draft) presents a real life view of what
challenges/issues operators will face with IPv6 roaming 

It is in the best interest for the advancement of Mobile IPv6 deployment
to have as much information as possible on the potential impacts and
potential solutions that operators will face when enabling IPv6 roaming.
I therefore support that this draft is adopted as a WG draft.

> 
> I'll collect up the responses in a week and make a determination based
on that.
> I'm interested in your viewpoint, whether positive or negative. If you
would
> prefer to send it privately to [email-masked], that works
too.

This e-mail (and attachment(s)) is confidential, proprietary, may be subject to copyright and legal privilege and no related rights are waived. If you are not the intended recipient or its agent, any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. All messages may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations and our policies to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and you are deemed to have accepted any risk if you communicate with us by e-mail. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail (and any attachments) from any computer or any storage medium without printing a copy.

Ce courriel (ainsi que ses pièces jointes) est confidentiel, exclusif, et peut faire l’objet de droit d’auteur et de privilège juridique; aucun droit connexe n’est exclu. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé ou son représentant, toute étude, diffusion, transmission ou copie de ce courriel en tout ou en partie, est strictement interdite et peut être illégale. Tous les messages peuvent être surveillés, selon les lois et règlements applicables et les politiques de protection de notre entreprise. Les courriels ne sont pas sécurisés et vous êtes réputés avoir accepté tous les risques qui y sont liés si vous choisissez de communiquer avec nous par ce moyen. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser immédiatement et supprimer ce courriel (ainsi que toutes ses pièces jointes) de tout ordinateur ou support de données sans en imprimer une copie.