Subject: [v6ops] Congratulations!

From: "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 21:56:12 +0000

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/TMobile-Goes-IPv6-Only-on-Android-44-Devices-126506

---

From: "cb.list6" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 14:44:09 -0800

On Nov 5, 2013 1:56 PM, "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Congrats indeed to the v6ops WG.  RFC6877 is your work product and it is
shipping.

I feel very fortunate to be able to work with an open and global standards
body that helps me get my work done in my network while also sharing and
learning with such a talented and driven group of engineers.

The link talks about android 4.4, the untold story is that we shipped
RFC6877 as default a month back on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android
4.3.  So far, it just works.  Several more new models of Android phones
will also ship as 464XLAT default this year.

My hope is that other mobile operating systems will see this model as a
good path forward.

Cameron Byrne
T-Mobile US

> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>