Subject: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis-05.txt> (IPv6 Roaming Behavior Analysis) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:47:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 Roaming Behavior Analysis'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document identifies a set of failure cases that may be
   encountered by IPv6-enabled mobile customers in roaming scenarios.
   The analysis reveals that the failure causes include improper
   configurations, incomplete functionality support in equipment, and
   inconsistent IPv6 deployment strategies between the home and the
   visited networks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.