Subject: [v6ops] an IPv6 experience and thoughts on sudden changes

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:00:08 +0300

I recently had a good experience with IPv6 being available for large number of
consumers in Finland. The country went from minimal (to be honest, embarrassing)
level of IPv6 deployment to quite decent numbers in a matter of weeks, and
the trend seems to continue.

This inspired me to think about changes in the Internet and when they take
long and when they can be sudden. Here are my thoughts on the topic:

http://www.ietf.org/blog/2015/07/sudden-changes-and-ipv6-for-everyone/

Jari

---

From: "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 21:01:07 +0000

> On Jul 6, 2015, at 4:00 AM, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Rather a spike in https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=fi

> http://www.ietf.org/blog/2015/07/sudden-changes-and-ipv6-for-everyone/

Thanks. We're actually seeing sudden changes in a couple of other countries as well. Looking at Google data (https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&country=us), during the past quarter US access to Google using IPv6 has moved from 16% to 22%, Poland has had a spike (https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=pl), Saudi Arabia has had a depand there are others.

More generally, you might want to glance through the following. Belgium gets a gold star, and several countries either show a recent spike or are now seeing in excess of 10% of their accesses to Google using IPv6.

https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=at
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=au
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=ax
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=ba
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=be
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=bg
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=bo
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=br
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=ch
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=cz
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=de
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=ec
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=ee
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=fi
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=fr
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=gr
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=hu
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=ie
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=jp
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=kr
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=lu
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=my
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=nl
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=no
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=nz
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=pe
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=pl
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=pt
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=sa
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=se
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=sg
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=p&timeforward=&timebackward=&country=us