Subject: [v6ops] Operational Implications of IPv6 Packets with Extension (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 17:35:11 -0300

Folks,

A group of us published a new I-D trying to summarize the operational
and security implications. It is meant to summarize the reasons for
which operators may intentionally drop IPv6 packets containing IPv6
extension headers.

The I-D is available at:
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00.txt>

As far as this I-D is concerned, think of us co-authors as the
messengers. The I-D doesn't argue itself whether you should (or should
not) drop packets with EHs, but simply discusses the challenge they
represent in some scenarios.

Comments will be more than welcome.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00.txt
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 13:29:21 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Gert Doering <[email-masked]>, Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>,
Shucheng LIU (Will) <[email-masked]>, Gert Doering
<[email-masked]>, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>, Will Liu (Shucheng)
<[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Nick
Hilliard <[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Warren
Kumari <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops
Revision:	00
Title:		Operational Implications of IPv6 Packets with Extension Headers
Document date:	2015-07-01
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00

Abstract:
   This document summarizes the security and operational implications of
   IPv6 extension headers, and attempts to analyze reasons why packets
   with IPv6 extension headers may be dropped in the public Internet.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat